3-way components staging

775Tundra

What do those CDTs go for? Ya nobody like a lonely Tweeter! ha ha

Not bad, have you looked at other brands? Dont know alot about CDT, i have looked at there midbass drivers and they looked beefy. What kind of amp & power?

What do those CDTs go for? Ya nobody like a lonely Tweeter! ha ha

Not bad, have you looked at other brands? Dont know alot about CDT, i have looked at there midbass drivers and they looked beefy. What kind of amp & power?

I was set on doing two 6.5 components up front until this morning. I know CDT is a reputable brand. I have a brother in law that goes to florida a lot and for some reason people are into a lot of sq speakers over there. I usually ask him if he has heard a certain set before i buy since we have the same taste.

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

forgot to add. they will be off of a dc 175.4 on channels 1 & 2. 3 & 4 are reserved for 2 dc m3 8's going in the center console

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

Cool, you got room to put the 8s in kicker panels? Or are they subs and not midbass? I still say a high front stage on the A pillars but thats my prefernce if iwhere to do a 3-way comp set. Which i plan on doing in the GF 2012 malibu.

Cool, you got room to put the 8s in kicker panels? Or are they subs and not midbass? I still say a high front stage on the A pillars but thats my prefernce if iwhere to do a 3-way comp set. Which i plan on doing in the GF 2012 malibu.

The 8's are subs but i am going to run the as mid-bass in the center console, one inverted one regular. It is also going to be enclosed.

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

i might go with the mmats 641. idk yet. But i am limited on placement options and i also think that to get the most sound to the ears the mid-range and tweet should go in the a-pillar.

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

• 2 weeks later...

the woofer in the stock location and the mid and tweeter as lose together as possible up on the dash or A-pillar

i might go with the mmats 641. idk yet. But i am limited on placement options and i also think that to get the most sound to the ears the mid-range and tweet should go in the a-pillar.

A-pillar placements of mids and tweeters will make the sound stage more narrow than placing them on the doors and sail panels, plus the sound is more chaotic and less focused as you have more reflections that you can't fix with EQ or time alignment. Dispersion patterns dictate how the sound reaches our ears, as well as how to deal with reflections off nearby surfaces. Putting the mids in the door panel up high takes away the reflections off the nearest side windows. Placing the tweeters in the sail panels offers the best width and height without adding reflections off the dash.

This does, of course, vary depending on how the vehicle is laid out and how you can make everything fit well functionally and cosmetically.

Archived