Second Skin Audio

Why does it sound like this?

Jake Starnes

how much power do you run? 20k? no? oh ok.

can you do 157+? oh.. no?

dd-1 isnt end all be all tool. it is good at what it does but experience with equipment can do jsut as well in some cases.

... not sure what that has to do with anything really..

im not saying a dd-1 is the end all be all tool. what im saying is, if you set the gain by ear, i laugh at youuuuuuu.

you can have all the experience you all say you have, doesnt mean that is precise. means you are accurate. but not precise.

edit: apparently i dont even have enough experience to use the quote button properly

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

not one sub or speaker for that mater in my truck had broken due to clipping. mechanical failiure from being pushed to far from to much power, yep.. quite often, every show? not really.. maybe every show YOUR at. but. i also hit a show almost every weekend when its " bass season" so shit gets beat on and worn out.

i can agree with you on that.

sorry for being a bitch,

just having one of those nights tonight boys.

baby-crying2.jpg

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

Wanna ride bikes?

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

Do horns get low

To OP. When you turned your sub lvl up it turned up your pre out voltage. That means when you previously tuned your amp you did it with the sub lvl at 0. Now retune with the sub lvl maxed and every thing else flat.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

not one sub or speaker for that mater in my truck had broken due to clipping. mechanical failiure from being pushed to far from to much power, yep.. quite often, every show? not really.. maybe every show YOUR at. but. i also hit a show almost every weekend when its " bass season" so shit gets beat on and worn out.

i can agree with you on that.

sorry for being a bitch,

just having one of those nights tonight boys.

baby-crying2.jpg

IIRC the last show you seen my truck at was the 3x that was surrounded by feilds.

The day before that i was at another 3x show... Where i demoed pretty well all night long so.. Subs can only take so much abuse.. I know whay volume im safe at to play all day.. But sometimes I want it to be louder. And sometimes shit breaks

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

the show where you could hear daryls escalade from across the show lol?

ya that was the show.

and again just to reiterate, i dont mean to sound like a dick to ya fellow canadian. i was just caught up in the moment of the thread.

and i got pissed off. lol.

but whatever works for ya.

Wanna ride bikes?

Do horns get low

Not trying to argue with you all but blowing subs at comps is something a LOT of competitors deal with. Not always no but things get pushed to limits at comps and things happen. Now if someone were blowing subs on the daily with semi close to rated power something would be wrong.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Not trying to argue with you all but blowing subs at comps is something a LOT of competitors deal with. Not always no but things get pushed to limits at comps and things happen. Now if someone were blowing subs on the daily with semi close to rated power something would be wrong.

i "blow" subs all the time.. but its just a broken lead 75% of the time i can just resolder it lol

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Archived