I was looking into put a H22 Engine into my 2000 Honda Accord LX(Automatic). Called up one shop that does swaps and told me they couldn't don't it because the computer wouldn't work or match up to my car and wouldn't run right. Is that true or the shop just doesn't want to do that kind of work?

Did you only try and call that ONE shop or did you try any others?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I would think calling other places could possibly get you a faster answer than waiting for a reply on here. Just my .02. I wish I knew engines more but I don't :/

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

It doesnt sound right to me. Engines and engine. CPU would detect new motors opterating functions and adjust. Or code it out if something was wrong. As long as the motor swap is close in year & engine series.

ECU:

OPTION 1: Keep obd2 by finding a 96 h22a ecu. This ecu has no immobilizer in it so its basically plug and play.

OPTION 2: Convert to obd1 by buying a conversion harness (same as the 00 gsr) then plug up a p13, p28, or any other compatible ecu.

This is what is posted as far as a h22 swap in a 6th gen(90-02 Accord) as far a ecu options on honda-tech. If you check the forums there under the 6th gen section theres a h22 swap info that tells you what parts you'll need for it and the options for it.

pgsig.png

Archived