at home stereo system?

Alright ladies and gents! I've been wanting to do this for a long time. Id like just a 4.2 set up non surround all made into a tv stand. Probably 2 6.5s 2 8s with tweets with crossovers and a probably two tens in a ported box. I'd like to make it all into a tv stand able to hold a 42in tv.

I'm asking for advice on receivers or just doing a 12v set up with a batt charger. I was wondering if anyone else has done something like this for home.

2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.

I recommend strongly going with amplifiers built for home use rather than 12v.

Simplicity, and more fail safes, ie: power protectors and circuit brakers if your house has appropriate wiring.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I know parts express carrys some home recivevers but its hard to find a 4.2 set up. Simply what do you run with a home audio? I was wanting to use some car audio speakers because of experiences with the product. Like I was wanting to run pro audio from crescendo and subs from sundown but I think its going to cause a bad load on the receiver for the subs at least

2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.

You can still run car audio drivers, just buy an amplifier than is safe to the dc resistance you want to use.

Pro audio speakers though? If you haven't already bought them then look into some component sets, or check out http://www.madisound.com/

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

You would be better to use a 5.1 or 7.1 reciever. Denon, Harmon Kardon Onkyo,etc. These will have preouts for each channel plus sub preout. 12 volt for car 110 for home. You go below 4 ohm for home audio and you are asking for problems.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

I recommend buying the best surround receiver you can afford. When you set up the receiver you will have the options for the amount and set up of speakers you have. Then you will have the option to add speakers later. If you want a top quality receiver that puts out rated power and SQ. Go with Onkyo Not Denon. I have a 3 yr old unit and still have my unit from 92 (which i would never sell ) I used to work a side job selling and installing for Advanced Audio and when it comes to Home Theater Audio, no other bran comes close to Onkyo.

truthsayer

check out dayton audio speakers at parts-express.com and i would eithgh get a new/used 5.1 onkyo reciever. i had mine wired down to around 2-3 ohms with out any real problems and never had any other isssues.

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

Archived