at home stereo system?

I've been looking at some on ebay I'm looking for 200 at the most in a receiver. I've looked at parts express nothing I liked there tho :/ I wanted to try out some nvx speakers or I can just wait and open to some coax focals

2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.

See if you can find a refurbished one on Internet.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

If you can swing it, a Marantz NR series...the sound mine puts out is amazing.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

This shit sucks. I gotta wait til I get a receiver so I can figure out how wide the box needs to be for every thing else. I'm trying to make it into a dvd cd xbox receiver and tv box holder for my home. Hope it all comes out well

2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.

Just like car audio, be VERY careful putting amps on something that is going to vibrate that much, infact im gonna suggest you dont do it, the components in home amps are much more delecate then car ones, car ones can take some bumps cause they go in cars, but home ones.... nope... it will shit its self if you put it onto a vibrating surface like a box

plus the disk devices you want to put in it too, I know it would be cool to have it all in the tv stand, fuck i wanted to do it myself, but I just dont see it being a good idea and dont want you to mess your gear up.

now as for receivers, MOST reveivers being 5.1 or 7.1 do not have a powered amp output, all it will have for the sub output is a single RCA, this is because most home theatre subs are active so have amps built in, so pick up yourself a nice plate amp that you can put in the back of your sub box to power it, that way you have no 12v stuff running in the house as well

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

My idea to solve that is put rubber matting not like a bathroom like industrial matting in each box section. It would help dampen some of the vibration. The inside of the mids and highs will have dampening in it I haven't decided on a few things so its in no rush I'd rather get it right the first time than have to fix it

2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.

I'm not sure that it works with ported but a dual opposed subs in sealed cancels out cabinet vibrations. Also in theory they provide a less directional "more room filling" sound then both subs facing in the same direction. I may just be drinking the kool-aid though as i own dual opposed.lol

edit: If your working on a design with sketchup or something you should post it up. i actually had a similar idea but wanted to use a tline enclosure to hold my receiver,center channel, and tv.

Archived