2005 volvo s40 impossible to do a build in?

I've been reading everywhere that 2005 volvo s40s (the car my friend has that I wana do a build in) are impossible to fit an HU in. I saw one build with a DD HU in it but I only want to put in a single din. Also I've read that you have to keep the stock HU plugged in or else the whole console won't work at all...does anyone have any experience with these cars?

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

I was definitely thinking I would have to do some sort of custom fab, which I really wasn't hoping to do in a project like this...just more money to make things fit. thanks for the help though!

Also it looks like the only thing I would have to make a trim panel out of would be wood (I have no fiberglassing experience) so I guess a DD is my only option here?

Looking more at other 05 s40 HU swaps/center console removals and it looks like it'd have to cut away part of the dash behind where the screen and CD changer, which again, I'd rather not do…anyone know if a single DIN can fit in there okay? I found this:

big_1283624580_s401.JPG

…which looks terrible…any help is greatly appreciated!!!

From my personal experience I would never do it. I did a suv model not sure the body kind but was an 05 made a custom dash kit wired the stereo in and got the wires for the speakers at the factory amp radio worked fine however as soon as the factory radio came out the air conditioning system, power windows and power seats went totally inoperative! Of course plugged factory radio back in it all worked normal so had to relocate the factory radio which was a pain in the a** as the cars have no room to hide a factory double din style radio. Tried numerous times to recommend different options to the customer such as using the stock radio with an add on adapter to get his iPod controls but he wanted the aftermarket so had to keep it in. Even though I know now what to do I would never recommend an upgrade in these cars it's a major hassle

"Custom isn't bought its created"

Had to use a Ford Doubledin kit in my 01. Looks like shit and I hate it. But it gets the job done for now...

There's a guy on here with a red 07 S40...can't remember his name.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I agree with NCRdesigns. Some cars are just a pain the ass to put a aftermarket HU because some cars have all sorts of stuff tied into th stock HU. That's why I didn't do a system in my 99 devile had to relocate hu and no room but the trunk cause alarm is tied into it. I do some sort of interface adapter may be a lot easier then to deal with removing the stock HU.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Sorry double post

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

sorry for late response, but what would an interface adapter do? I want to add 3.5mm input integration to the system and a new HU is really the only reasonable way. There is room in the waterfall to hide the stock stuff that needs to stay, and I just emailed some guy who put a DD HU in his 05. He told me it isn't too hard really.

Archived