Second Skin Audio

underseat sub questions.

bassinyerface

2 12s under the seat in my 03 f150 extended cab. ik i can fit anything 5.5 inches and below mounting depth. some ideas on how itll sound and maybe some recomendations on subs that will work well. it will probably be a sealed box but i might buy a prefab box that fits my truck. and port it out. but anyways thanks for the answers in advance.

2003 f150, 2 ab hd 15 on brutus 2400.1, kinetik batt, big 3, knu wire, image dynamics cxs 6.5 with ppi tweets, pioneer 1din and clarion eq.

Im assuming under your rear seat? Dont expect to port a prefab sealed box and have it sound good...lol. Most prefab dual 12 boxes will be around .5 to .6cft nowhere near enough airspace for a port. What are you looking to avhieve? SQ or SPL? What amp will you be running? More info would help everyone who is willing to answer lead you in the right direction.

I think with 12s you won't have enough air space to go with a ported box . I think 8s or 10s would sound better unless you might wanna just get a sealed box for them 12s if you already have them,if not,id definitely go with 8s or 10s

94 GMC ext cab

4 12" big bang

2 big bang2400.1

Mids & highs comin' soon

There are a couple routes you could go for great bass in a smaller enclosure. 1 is the Skar audio VD series with a top mount depth of 4.5"

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_73370_SKAR-Audio-VD-12D2.html

2nd is the Sundown Audio SD series sub with a top mount depth of 5.25" which is right at your limit but it could fit.

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-10241-sd-2-12d2-sundown-audio-12-dual-2-ohm-subwoofer.aspx

Archived