brent379 Posted December 8, 2013 Report Posted December 8, 2013 hey guys couple questions: may be a dumb question but I just want to be sure...in winisd since it does not calculate any displacements...for the cubic ft of the box you want to enter the net volume after all displacements correct?? and on torres box calculator...the part where is says # of common port walls....what exactly does that mean? is that asking how many sides of the box act as part of the slot port????? im working on another box and my port is going to make 2-3 turns inside the box...and if I put 3 in the # of common port walls box I end up with almost an extra cubic feet of airspace!
Joe X Posted December 8, 2013 Report Posted December 8, 2013 Correct to your first question. But winISD is not very useful in car audio due to cabin gain. # of common walls is the number of walls that the port shares with the box itself, it can go from no walls shared to 3 walls shared, the program uses that number to calculate the wood displacement of the port.
brent379 Posted December 8, 2013 Author Report Posted December 8, 2013 ya I know what your saying. I mainly just use win isd to help figure out port velocity and make sure im under 25m/s and that's what I thought just wasn't sure. makes a lot more sense now lol thanks a lot man
Joe X Posted December 8, 2013 Report Posted December 8, 2013 Yes for sub excursion and port airspeed I guess you can more or less rely on the results.
brent379 Posted December 8, 2013 Author Report Posted December 8, 2013 ya that's about all its good for lol.
DylanBunch Posted December 8, 2013 Report Posted December 8, 2013 When I use winisd I actually seem to get pretty acurate results on tge frequency response. Not verified with a meter but to the ear its atleast close. Seems to always unload within 1-2hz of the given f3 as well 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.