Second Skin Audio

Box for 2 Alpine type R 12"s

Luda

Im building a box soon wofr my two alpine Type Rs. and i would like some more input on how to go about this.

Im looking @ about 2.5CUFT before displacement. somewhere around 2.2 after. this is per sub. so the total box will be about 4.4CUFT after displacement.

im thinking of 80in per sub of port tuned to 28HZ.

now is 28 to low for these subs? how would i figure out what the optimum port freq would be? i have all t he T/S specs.. i just dont know what all of them mean.

and then any other hints of building a good loud box?

2005 Grand PrixSource: StockFronts: Stock 6.5 ComponentsRears: Stock 6x9Subwoofer: FI BTL 12" Fully optionedSubwoofer amplifier: Kenwood KAC-7203 bridged @ 4ΩEnclosure: 3.41cuft tuned to 33hz

The box I had for mine was was 2.7 before dis. 2 4" areo ports (www.partsexpress.com) tuned to 31hz for awile.. it hit but i tuned it up.. until i got rid of everything.. to about 40 hz.. and It was great for everything.

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

i just analyzed alot of my library and 34hz look like a good freq.

2005 Grand PrixSource: StockFronts: Stock 6.5 ComponentsRears: Stock 6x9Subwoofer: FI BTL 12" Fully optionedSubwoofer amplifier: Kenwood KAC-7203 bridged @ 4ΩEnclosure: 3.41cuft tuned to 33hz

I was talking 80 sqin total.

I am running 2 separate amps, 1 per sub. so should i do a dual chamber box and a port per sub, or would a 1 chamber with a shared port still be good?

and im thinking about tuning to 35hz, since alot of the songs i listen to are around  dbs there.

Archived