Second Skin Audio

Box for 2 RF T2D215

FreeZzy

Well not up against the seat but spaced away from it su that they have room to breathe.

Like the box would be add tall and wide as possible firing forward but spaced out for the subs and port to have room to breathe. Then the size of the box would help push the sound forwards through the seats since there wouldn't be much room for the sound waves to get passed it.

I'll gut on sketch up and make a quick model of what i'm thinking could work. I'm just thinking that the bigger chine area would help account for loss of sound in the cabin due to the seats.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Thank you for this exemple :)

I just have a question, it's not better to make port at the end of box? Like right or left ?

I don't want the subwoofer are turning to the seats but towards the trunk opening ..

Have the port on the left our right could be better but it really depends on thewhole install.

the smaller speakers would most likely work better if you want them facing the trunk opening.

For advice, sound deadener in the trunk will help a lot for improving the sound quality in the car. Specially since the trunk id separated from the trunk by the back seats.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

ok, having issues with the computer not wanting to paste...

ok tried writing the link out but not working. oh well, said you don't want it facing forward anyways.... lol

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Thank you for this exemple :)

I just have a question, it's not better to make port at the end of box? Like right or left ?

I don't want the subwoofer are turning to the seats but towards the trunk opening ..

The box above can be oriented towards the trunk opening, no problem, it's small enough to fit easily into the trunk and can be built outside without concerns of not fitting in it's way in.

The port on the side a few times lead to loading issues, it has it's uses, but the port in the middle is usually safer and does not need bracing, for music is an excellent choice.

Anyways the important thing is that you get familiar with the calculator.

loading issues is the biggest issue with a port on one side of a box imo.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

For me the sound is better if i make a port on left or Right, because 2 subs are in the same space and there is more compression, you know what i mean?
So now i want to make a box with 28 or 30hz is good? and 4 cubic feet is good also?

My tickness is 18mm, this is 0.70" right ?

I would need the advice of a third person ^^ because two people helping me but gives a different opinion ^^
Really I just want know if I put JL's 13 or RF's 15 it will be better or not than RF's 12

I'm boring I know, but I have a preference for large subwoofer, so I want to be sure 2 12" is better than 2 15" for my trunk

What do you think about this ? (in milimeters sorry ^^)

(Where is the size of second plate of port? is Physical port length?)

torres10.jpg

The box I posted is for the 12s, it will work on your power no problem, if you want to do the port on the side is fine also, just learn the calculator to do whatever box you would like to do. I will be adding a port on the side example. Just read the thread again and make sure you understand well everything said.

No subs up in trunk cars is my advise due to trunk lid rattling and lost output.

Some things change in the calculator for the port in the side (red circle), also the displacements are in english units (cubic feet) if using metric units you have to convert them to whatever you are using displacements also change due with the size and model of the sub and the sizes of braces (blue circle), here is the example for the port in the side box for the 12s:

qmlq.jpg

2x12PFSFaltassmbly.jpg

Port parts:

Front to Back: 20 1/2" x 14 1/2"
Extension: 10 3/4" x 14 1/2"

The length of the port parts is determined as follows, whatever you enter as port length in the calculator (37" in this case) has to be equal to L1 + L2 in the figure below:

lt2b.jpg

This is basically what you need to use the calculator. Again read the whole thread until you understand everything said.

EDIT: the figures in the blue circle represent the space the subs and braces take up inside the box

Archived