Joe X Posted December 17, 2013 Report Posted December 17, 2013 Can't be done on the dimensions you want, port area should be kept 55 square inches, if you reduce height box would need to be wider to place both the subs and the port.
FreeZzy Posted December 18, 2013 Author Report Posted December 18, 2013 What is 55 square inches ? don't understand where is the problem now :s
Joe X Posted December 18, 2013 Report Posted December 18, 2013 Is the port width x port height, in the last sample I left you: 14.5 x 4.25 = 61.625 That was a little more than 55 but it will work.
FreeZzy Posted December 18, 2013 Author Report Posted December 18, 2013 Sorry but i don't understand ...its driving me crazy ^^is anyone can make the box with the width and height as little as possible in relation to the size of subwoofers? I do not know why I can not do the dimensions that I give? The port can't be 3,15" width? that's the problem?
Joe X Posted December 18, 2013 Report Posted December 18, 2013 This is my last shot: Port parts: Front to Back: 22 1/2" x 12 1/2"Extension: 5 1/2" x 12 1/2"
FreeZzy Posted December 18, 2013 Author Report Posted December 18, 2013 Thank you very much, now i understand what is physical port length
FreeZzy Posted December 18, 2013 Author Report Posted December 18, 2013 this is strange, look my result and yours ?? in "Box stats" we don't have same result but i put all size like you ... This happen when i put Displacements information
Joe X Posted December 19, 2013 Report Posted December 19, 2013 Torres calculator fails to work properly in some PCs, this has happened to me, Before I post a Torres shot I do check the results with other software to make sure the calculations are correct. You may want to install in another computer.
FreeZzy Posted December 19, 2013 Author Report Posted December 19, 2013 Ok :/ that's bad Thank you man. I dont know if i put port in center between 2 subs or on left side... What is a difference? On YouTube most people make port in center ..
CleanSierra Posted December 19, 2013 Report Posted December 19, 2013 Port in center, between subs, can usually decrease the chance of unloading issues with the subs. Look up online what unloading is and read about it, it doesn't need to be explained in this thread. If you are thirsty for knowledge, Google anything you want and there is an answer. As far as a design for your subs, just build the one Joe posted and be done with it. It will work perfectly fine for what you need I'm sure. There's nothing wrong with questions, but they don't ALL need to be answered in THIS thread. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.