Advantages/disadvantages

ok so i looked and didnt see something like this

what are the pros and cons to soldering, and to crimping, i havnt soldered any yet but when i start doin power wire and what not i will, but why is it so much better? what are the big advantage besides it being a stronger hold in the wire and the connector

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

and another pro to soildering is if u need to move somethin u can desoilder it and use the ring terminal as to the crimping u cant use em again, one good thing to look at, and by crimpin its not all that tight of a bond like soilder witch coats the strands evenly witch helps current flow, hope this helps :)

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

shops are just to lazy to solder and cheap no pros to it except its quicker

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

and another pro to soildering is if u need to move somethin u can desoilder it and use the ring terminal as to the crimping u cant use em again, one good thing to look at, and by crimpin its not all that tight of a bond like soilder witch coats the strands evenly witch helps current flow, hope this helps

Exactly what I was going to say. Once you get used to it, it is pretty easy to do. I soldered (4) 8 gauge terminals for my speakers last night and it only took about 10 minutes. Plus most shops really don't have time to solder because to them time is money so you have to understand why they only crimp.

Member since 25 Jun 2006

2011 Yukon DenaliCustomLightz 4300K HID RetrofitEsky TailsEsky Third BrakeEsky 22sEsky Appliques

Archived