Brandon Mendoza Posted December 11, 2013 Report Posted December 11, 2013 Need an enclosure design for a single Sundown E10 (V2) going in a buddies 94 Suburban on some cheap Power Acoustik amp that says 600 RMS at 4 ohm which would be what the sub would be wired at. He has a big preference that he wants it to be loud and heard from a block or more away so I told him I would do what I could. I'm sure you guys can work your magic and come up with something that makes it work as best as it can.
CleanSierra Posted December 11, 2013 Report Posted December 11, 2013 If he wants to get "loud" on a single E10 and cheap amp you might as well break his spirits now. If he wants to get loud do a couple of(at minimum) E15s. More than that even would be equipment that isn't entry level. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Skullz Posted December 11, 2013 Report Posted December 11, 2013 Big dreams and weak pockets. lol EDIT: just get a simple prefab and call it a day with that set-up for now, and once he starts getting real gear then get into a well designed and built enclosure. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
CleanSierra Posted December 11, 2013 Report Posted December 11, 2013 Brandon, someone can definitely suggest an enclosure design. I didn't mean to sound negative with my really, just honest. Being heard from a block away with that wouldn't just isn't happening. A nice enclosure that plays music very well can be put in the back and make him happy I'm sure. It's not gonna be a sheet metal twister that's all. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
thefourth Posted December 11, 2013 Report Posted December 11, 2013 Lol that single E10 isn't going to do much of anything Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do thatI can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream. oh lawd.
Joe X Posted December 11, 2013 Report Posted December 11, 2013 Tell him to wall it, that always improves your chances.
Brandon Mendoza Posted December 11, 2013 Author Report Posted December 11, 2013 Yea his problem is he hears my 2 SA 12's from what he claims is "several blocks away" idk about that, but he wants that, just isn't willing to spend the money that I did. I just wanted to see what the best I could do for him was but I guess it isn't looking so good. And ACCORDian it's better then what he was gonna go with, single pioneer champion 10 the like 250 watt one from wal mart lol.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.