Sundown Audio

new to me!

Aj11

i was at best buy the other day looking for a movie, and wouldn't you know it i stumbled into the car audio section. mostly junk but something caught My eye. it's a mini amp by alpine it's 185w (i think that's what it was) and it connects into your deck wires. can be mounted right behind your hu. uses all the same power ground blah blah bla. but it just seemed to good to be true something cheap $125 easy to install with decent #s no way right? has anyone seen this Lil amp I'm talking about or better yet used it? if i hear any thing good I'm gonna go get one for my girls Ride. she has kenwood hu all alpine type s component door speakers(no amp, don't feel like running wires) a 3rd gen type r 12 vented box on a alpine mrp 500w.

i know its not the greatest but she's not into all that but i just can't own a car without a system. any info is greatly appreciated! thanks guys

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

maybe, i really don't remember the name. it's small connects to your deck around 200w for around $150 made.by alpine that's all i remember. i had my girl rushing me and my.baby boy reaching for everything

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

i think is, power pack rang a bell. this isn't for a really nice system her deck is just so crappy. but you.don't think its worth it? i trust ya i thought it was to good to be true.

what about running a bigger power and ground to it? i know can get a decent 4channel amp for that much just don't feel like running wires in her car. maybe I'll just get her a new deck

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

Not to thread jack but the PBR300x4 is about the same price and does rated power? Just a thought and no i know nothing about the amp your speaking of. Sorry

Forty five watts per channel isn't out of the realm of possibility with a ten amp supply. The only reason head units don't produce more than 18 wpc (regardless of what they claim) is that there isn't sufficient room in the chassis to include a power supply that can raise the voltage. Thus, head units have to use 6 volts as reference and then sweep from 0-12 peak to peak.

I'd look into it a bit further before I bought the amp but there's no doubt that if it has any sort of decent power supply at all, it would be a remarkable improvement over head unit power.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

that was my first thought when i seen it was to run a bigger power and ground wire. I'm not looking for over the top sq or expecting It. but if it's a simple plug and play and provides clean constant power to me it's worth it. like i said for my girls car that has a 11month old in it 90% of the time. i just really don't want yuk spend 4hours running wires on a car I'm barely in. I'll look around some more see what people think. think of this perches as convenience over anything else

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff