H-U question

agf144

hey i am going to install a poineere avh-1500 double din in my teachers 03 jetta. is there anything i should know about difficulties. like ive heard the wiring is different that other cars as in there is no acc wire on factory harness, is this true? if so where would i run the wire to? i would just like input and tips with this because i am not framiliar with vw's and have heard that they are a bit more difficult to work with. also i dont think he has the moonsoon system but if he does does that make a difference?

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

Bump

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

Not familiar with that particular pioneer but if they do have the monsoon, there's a chance it will be different wire harnesses than stock.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

anybody else?

nobody?? :help:

Monsoon radio will have the same connection as standard radio. You will want the quick connector. I have connected a pioneer to a monsoon before with the stock amp in place. Not sure if it was ideal but it worked. The model i had was able to turn down the signal for the speakers so i just set that way down to have a larger volume adjustment range.

Also a couple notes. if fm/am is going to be used you should get the antenna amplifier, it just goes between the antenna cables and connects to antenna/remote out. If nothing with remote do not connect remote out to connection adapter as most will send 12 volts into the diagnostic buss and stop communication with scan tools.

edit: you will also need removal keys to get the radio out

Monsoon radio will have the same connection as standard radio. You will want the quick connector. I have connected a pioneer to a monsoon before with the stock amp in place. Not sure if it was ideal but it worked. The model i had was able to turn down the signal for the speakers so i just set that way down to have a larger volume adjustment range.

Also a couple notes. if fm/am is going to be used you should get the antenna amplifier, it just goes between the antenna cables and connects to antenna/remote out. If nothing with remote do not connect remote out to connection adapter as most will send 12 volts into the diagnostic buss and stop communication with scan tools.

edit: you will also need removal keys to get the radio out

will this one work? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007KPS3C/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

and can you please explain why i should need the antenna amplifier. curious because ive never used one always used an adapter like this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KL57WK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A236UT9Z5WDWZA.

That adapter should work, don't connect any blue wires from head unit to adapter/factory harness.

i'm a vw tech not a car audio installer but i have seen a lot of these in customer cars. The purpose is to power up the factory amplified antenna base on the roof mounted antenna. To be honest it would probably work either way but reception may be better with powered adapter.

\http://www.amazon.com/Xtenzi-Antenna-Adapter-Mercedes-BAADIN12/dp/B00B2DCQD8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1386991338&sr=8-3&keywords=vw+amplified+antenna+adapter

Archived