mmets Posted December 12, 2013 Report Posted December 12, 2013 Not a fiberglass expert by any means but figured I may tackle the task sometime and put a component set up in the A pillars just for the fun of it. I have looked at some 4 inch sets but most of them will not allow me to run the watts to them without going way over, rather not. Can I put a set of 5.25 or 6.5's up there without it looking too big or really not belonging? Also what are some decent sets that I could use that wont break the bank. need to handle around 100 watts. Will put about 125 to them though. You can see what I have in my sig and I don't want to spend what I already have on the focals. Will run off my 175.4 along with the crescendos and need to be 4 ohm so I can run those two channels at 2 ohms. Thanks for the input. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/Pioneer DEH-80PRSPRV 8MR400-NDY (eight) PRV TW350Ti (6)Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gaugeTM Metalworkz battery terminals 120 sqft HushmatXS Power D3100 (6)Singer 350 Amp Alt Singer 320 (2)American Bass SQL3200 JL Audio JX360/4 Crossfire XS 8K (2) DC Audio XL 15s (6)
trumpet1 Posted December 12, 2013 Report Posted December 12, 2013 Hold up a 5.25" or 6.5" speaker, or even a circle cut out of paper or cardboard, and decide if it looks too big.
bcbrassard Posted December 12, 2013 Report Posted December 12, 2013 That works good, i tried that when i built my kicker panels. I really wanted some 8" for midbass but being a small car w/ small kicker panels i ended up going 6.5s. But the cut out idea help determine that.
mmets Posted December 12, 2013 Author Report Posted December 12, 2013 ^^^touché http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/Pioneer DEH-80PRSPRV 8MR400-NDY (eight) PRV TW350Ti (6)Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gaugeTM Metalworkz battery terminals 120 sqft HushmatXS Power D3100 (6)Singer 350 Amp Alt Singer 320 (2)American Bass SQL3200 JL Audio JX360/4 Crossfire XS 8K (2) DC Audio XL 15s (6)
bcbrassard Posted December 12, 2013 Report Posted December 12, 2013 Oh i have also seen 5.25s fabed up in the dash with tweeters firing forward that where glassed up and looked good if a pillars look to big. Good luck, keep us posted.
bcbrassard Posted December 12, 2013 Report Posted December 12, 2013 Oh i have also seen 5.25s fabed up in the dash with tweeters firing forward that where glassed up and looked good if a pillars look to big. Good luck, keep us posted.
dolarbilz Posted December 12, 2013 Report Posted December 12, 2013 I wouldn't do anything bigger than a 4" mid in A pillar. Long as crossovered properly it will play clean and loud enough.5.25 and up is just to bulky and heavy
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.