Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Custom XL 10s Question ***Sub Builders I need your Input!***


mrd6

Recommended Posts

Posted

So hopefully a quick question here...

I am thinking about rebuilding my two xl m1 motors into some nice 10s for a trunk build. My question is, if I were to use a 10" TC Sounds Ti Basket is there enough throw in an xl motor to make the Ti basket worth it over a regular 12 spoke?

Team NorthWestSPL

Posted

It may be a good move to use the TI basket because mechanical clearances on standard 10" baskets are pretty tight

Posted

I dont think you will see enough difference to notice anything. If it were possible to use a 10" spider on a 10" sub, then you may be able to get more throw out of it, if the other parts could handle that amount of movement.

If it were me, I would just recone it with the m2 XL recone kit(will come with the AR cone standard) and call it a day.

Posted

I think the landing on the Ti basket for the 10 is 9"

8.5"

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db

Powered by: Sundown Audio

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5110 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...