Winter tire recommendations

I would never snipe my tires ever again! Does it work yes. Life of tire goes down and you lose your manufacture warranty. I use yo work at discount tire and call Goodyear they would ask. If say yes well I get to eat the tire.

Op go to discount tire and talk to those guys about snow tires.

well thats why we would give you credit towards new even if the manufacture doesnt

Do NOT get siping. All they do it cut slits in the tire across the tread that effectively mimics dry rot. It's an easy way for them to make money and waste your time/ruin a tire.

the best this is to get a really good tire so that siping isnt needed to make it better

it does really help if the tire is a cheap entry level where the tread blocks are siped half way down and you loose traction after u wear a certain amount

@kranny for that price id get them and they seem to be in really good shape

I personally won't get a second set/winter tires without having studs in the tires. Both my parents live up on hills and it a bitch to get up the lane when it is snow packed/ ice.

I believe I have Cooper CS4's all season. I think they are T rated, and designed to handle mud/snow. Last set I had lasted forever miles wise. Really quiet and have a wonderful ride.

edit:Cooper CS4 Touring. 205/60/16 M+S. I got all 4 for $406 with 60 dolla rebate.

Oh hell no, but to a "decent" all season for sure. I think the dealer put Monarch's on mine? Pretty chunky summer road tire really, but with the siping process it does half decent in the snow. AWD helps though too.

EDIT: Nope, they're cheap shitty Kelley Navigators, shitty $80 tire. No wonder why they're so damn loud and have balancing weights out the ass.

My Dad's wife had these on her 2011 Kia optima. She asked for the best tire the shop had. They gave her some version of Kelly that was 150 a tire. They lasted her 10k miles before they where at the wear indicator. (Needless to say her and my Dad were pissed) Couldn't go anywhere in the snow. She saw how I made it around in the snow and switched to mine. She says it was a huge improvement from her old Kelleys.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I would never snipe my tires ever again! Does it work yes. Life of tire goes down and you lose your manufacture warranty. I use yo work at discount tire and call Goodyear they would ask. If say yes well I get to eat the tire.

Op go to discount tire and talk to those guys about snow tires.

well thats why we would give you credit towards new even if the manufacture doesnt

i know what Discount tire does cause I worked for Discount tire for about 8 yrs. The problem comes when you to go somewhere else for some dumb reason. I had costumers get less mileage, make the truck feel like it sways. If tires are wiped to deep it can cause steel belts to rust and break. Trucks are to be siped only half way do to the tread depth being so deep. By the way I understand stand your store manager and VPs are pushing it.

Archived