1 set or 2?

Baydestrian

Trying to build a nice system for this car. Nothing crazy, focusing on just the speakers for now.

2003 Audi A4 and factory for my car is 5.25 (so that narrows it down I guess) but Sonic also says 6.5's will fit (I guess adapter plates should take care of that.

The way stock is setup I already have separate mids and tweets in all 4 doors. Not sure if on set would be loud enough or if I should get with two. Or maybe just comps in front and coax in the rear but then again all this would be off an amp so the coax would need to be same brand at least and take the power. It is a wagon so I'm thinking even something on 500rms might overpower just one set up front. 90% of the time its just me in the car but I do have times when I have a full car

FWIW, I have the Pioneer DEH-80PRS arriving in the mail tomorrow :D.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Nice HU, you'll be happy with it. I think coax in the back & comps up front on a nice amp would sound good. Its all in the speaker install as well. 80-prs is good for SQ so if you get good speakers with a solid install you should have good sound.

I would only do a good set of componets and some coaxs in the back. We got a budget ? \

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

Hoping $300 total for both, maybe $400. Chris Hammer rec'd the Soundqubed comps, they are only $100. Not sure how they sound and they only have comps, no coax.

Still need to figure out the amp for whatever pair I decide too.

So you guys recommend coax or maybe spend the whole $3-400 on a nice set of comps, maybe Focal?

2015 Mazda 6

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Its up to you on how good of sound you want up front. You could always just do front stage comps & amp for now. Add coax to the rear in the future if you think its needed. The more you work on front stage and get it sounding good the less you'll worry about the rear.

Very true, I just don't want the bass to overpower then in the future, but we'll see...also seeing that Focal is more expensive than I thought it was haha.

Apparently my speakers are 5" so either way I need a bracket but 6.5 should fit

I think I'll just do front comps for now and see how that sounds, any recs for something $300 and under?

2015 Mazda 6

There are a ton of comps out there, as you can see in my sig that my current build is all RF equipment. Next build will be higher end SQ with Hertz, Focal, ect in GFs 2012 Malibu. But a $300 budget is a great start for good comps, you need to shop around, I have great luck using amazon for all my purchases. I know there not authorized deals but the prices are hard to beat when your a prime member and live at the top of the world. Only a few audio shops here in Anchorage and there prices are crazy. Take some pics of your doors, and remember to budget for sound deadener for best sound out of what ever you decide.

Very true @ sound deadener

Thinking of going with maybe ID CTX65s. Only $170 then I can have the monies for deadener & amp

2015 Mazda 6

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22330_Image-Dynamics-CTX-6.5cs.html

100RMS per side

Woofers Etc has them too. I know ID is a solid brand.

Only thing is I may need to hit up my local shop I got my last install done at for some ring adapters

2015 Mazda 6

Archived