There's no such thing as the "do it all" gun, one that's perfect for HD, carry, and range toy. But IMO the Glock 19 is as close as it gets. It's a great gun.

M&P's are also great. Beretta makes a PX4 in compact size that I really like, worth checking out. People love XD/XDMs... Lots of good choices out there. Also a fan of the Sig 2022, I think it's a lot of gun for the money. You know the drill, just make sure you handle one as much as possible before buying. And as far as carrying, don't skimp on the holster and belt. You can carry damn near anything with the right rig. I'm 6'0 200 lbs and carrying a 5" 1911 right now. You'd never know...

Happy hunting!

There's no such thing as the "do it all" gun, one that's perfect for HD, carry, and range toy. But IMO the Glock 19 is as close as it gets. It's a great gun.

M&P's are also great. Beretta makes a PX4 in compact size that I really like, worth checking out. People love XD/XDMs... Lots of good choices out there. Also a fan of the Sig 2022, I think it's a lot of gun for the money. You know the drill, just make sure you handle one as much as possible before buying. And as far as carrying, don't skimp on the holster and belt. You can carry damn near anything with the right rig. I'm 6'0 200 lbs and carrying a 5" 1911 right now. You'd never know...

Happy hunting!

I already ordered a belt from SOE. Pretty stoaked, nothing but great reviews and field tested by combat vets. As for a holster I'm looking into a G-code Ncog or a Bravo Concealment kydex set up. I went by a shop yesterday and got a great deal on a G19 Gen 4, $100 off tag price. Which I pickup Wednesday. So I'm excited. Did the rental thing at another shop/range but wasn't impressed with their customer service at all. Even proved a salesperson there wrong with a difference between the Gen 3 and Gen 4s, she was pissed. I can always buy another one in a month or two with taxes.

You can't go wrong with a Glock 19.

Its in between the full sized 17 and sub compact 26. So you should have no issue Conceal carrying the 19.

I would also suggest buying a used one. you can save a whole lot of money and if its your first gun you wont be scared to shoot it and scratch it up, (it will already have holster wear and scratches)

You should be able to pick up a nice used gen 2 or 3 for $350-$400 then take the extra money you have and get a good holster and Ammo.

I also recommend Crossbreed supertuck holsters.

Its in between the full sized 17 and sub compact 26. So you should have no issue Conceal carrying the 19.

I would also suggest buying a used one. you can save a whole lot of money and if its your first gun you wont be scared to shoot it and scratch it up, (it will already have holster wear and scratches)

You should be able to pick up a nice used gen 2 or 3 for $350-$400 then take the extra money you have and get a good holster and Ammo.

I picked up my Red Label Gen 4 19 this past Thursday. Brand new. 3 mags, 4 backstraps, speed loader etc. I've already got an IWB holster on the way plus a mag pouch. Got to go out and put a box of Rem UMC through it. The sights are getting changed this next week or so after I find an armorer to do it, time for some trijicon hds. Started finding ammo deals online so I'm beginning the 5k stockpile for the end of summer. After a month or 2 of constant shooting I might give GSSF a try and see how I do competing. Definately planning on picking up a 17 or starting an AR build in about a month.

Congratulations!

I picked up my Red Label Gen 4 19 this past Thursday. Brand new. 3 mags, 4 backstraps, speed loader etc. I've already got an IWB holster on the way plus a mag pouch. Got to go out and put a box of Rem UMC through it. The sights are getting changed this next week or so after I find an armorer to do it, time for some trijicon hds. Started finding ammo deals online so I'm beginning the 5k stockpile for the end of summer. After a month or 2 of constant shooting I might give GSSF a try and see how I do competing. Definately planning on picking up a 17 or starting an AR build in about a month.

I'm personally a big fan of the SIG 229, going to most likely be my next purchase.

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

I went with the 19 over the 17 right now for the ease of concealability. I felt there was too much of a 'print' if I were carrying the 17, where I've actually forgotten I had my 19 on me once or twice. Carrying appendix iwb just shy of 12o'clock and its quite comfortable. Even in the car. Talking to a few instructors about their classes but its looking like a loaded roadtrip before this years over with.

I went with the 19 over the 17 right now for the ease of concealability. I felt there was too much of a 'print' if I were carrying the 17, where I've actually forgotten I had my 19 on me once or twice. Carrying appendix iwb just shy of 12o'clock and its quite comfortable. Even in the car. Talking to a few instructors about their classes but its looking like a loaded roadtrip before this years over with.

I carry mine IWB @ 4 oclock. And I have to check throughout the day to make sure I still have it! I mainly run a crossbreed. they are super comfy.

I carry mine IWB @ 4 oclock. And I have to check throughout the day to make sure I still have it! I mainly run a crossbreed. they are super comfy.

I'm gonna rotate positions until I find one super comfortable. I might put an order in to Phllster for a skeleton access and iwb mag. Sticking to iwb since Florida isn't an Open Carry friendly state and if its 'noticed' then I'd be unneedingly be dealing with the local authorities. But after school there shouldn't be that problem.

Archived