alaskanzx5 Posted December 22, 2013 Report Posted December 22, 2013 2 t2d415 on 2 t1500.1bdcp in a 5.5cuft box ( Rockford recommends 2.75 cuft per with round ports and a 6" port per). so with my box I will have a choice ( do to space I have and tuning I want ) I can do 2 6" ports or 6 4" ports, second choice of the 2 sounds like a better idea to me for the higher port area. now with the 6 4" ports I wont have port noise according to 2 different calculators I used (on the linear team website and carstereo.com). then according to the same calculators I wont have port noise with 4 4" ports either, that would allow me to block 2 of the ports to lower the tuning from roughly 38hz to 32hz. giving me an easy way to change from comp ready to daily in a matter of seconds. I would be using 4" pvc and heating both the ends up to flare them and use some of the left over pvc to make a smooth surface right under the ports to help push the air up into the ports. not trying to build for the meter just personal enjoyment with hope of a decent termlab score ( hoping for a 146-148 range) any opinions welcomed and wanted. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
ToNasty Posted December 22, 2013 Report Posted December 22, 2013 2 6" ports ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
alaskanzx5 Posted December 22, 2013 Author Report Posted December 22, 2013 reason why? still learning on box design. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
ToNasty Posted December 22, 2013 Report Posted December 22, 2013 I'm going to be honest with you. I don't know but I have been told less ports for daily boxes ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
alaskanzx5 Posted December 22, 2013 Author Report Posted December 22, 2013 lol, well then... yeah I don't know. my favorite part of the box would be that I could easily change tuning with in seconds and on sketch up 6 4" ports in the middle of 2 15s partially external looks kind of mean. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
alaskanzx5 Posted December 22, 2013 Author Report Posted December 22, 2013 this is annoying, paste isn't working... t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
alaskanzx5 Posted December 22, 2013 Author Report Posted December 22, 2013 Wrong pic... t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
alaskanzx5 Posted December 22, 2013 Author Report Posted December 22, 2013 t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
CleanSierra Posted December 22, 2013 Report Posted December 22, 2013 6 4" ports is right around 75" of port and the 2 6" port idea is around 56.5" of port. Two 6"ers would be my choice. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
alaskanzx5 Posted December 22, 2013 Author Report Posted December 22, 2013 Ok got it finally... Ports wouldn't be exactly like that on the box, spaced out a bit more just a quick sketch. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.