Stephen Maharaj Posted December 23, 2013 Report Posted December 23, 2013 How can I make my system better? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa2jtKEjeJ4
Emmet Posted December 23, 2013 Report Posted December 23, 2013 "we are expecting over 155db SPL." That's a bit uh... optimistic don't you think? i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah.. You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people. I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.
Stephen Maharaj Posted December 23, 2013 Author Report Posted December 23, 2013 yes it is. that's what one shop had to say. trust me, I never went back. for what it is I am expecting something good but I never had the SPL done. what I am looking to do now is to just fine tune the system and do as many things to it as possible with a greater outcome. was also thinking about selling the Boston Acoustocs G2's and getting 4 MMATS Monster 10's. What do you all think and what SPL do you think this system is doing now.
Keith77 Posted December 23, 2013 Report Posted December 23, 2013 With the equipment you have I would start by rebuilding the sub box. You would be surprised how much of a difference that would make. Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born. My penis is bigger than your penis I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.
Stephen Maharaj Posted December 23, 2013 Author Report Posted December 23, 2013 The box I presently have is actually 2 boxes top ported. each box is 2.6 ft3 with (2) 3" ports 8.5" in length. What box design would make this better?
Keith77 Posted December 23, 2013 Report Posted December 23, 2013 putting them in one box would work better Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born. My penis is bigger than your penis I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.
Stephen Maharaj Posted December 23, 2013 Author Report Posted December 23, 2013 one big slot port or something else?
Stephen Maharaj Posted December 23, 2013 Author Report Posted December 23, 2013 btw what do you think about swapping out these subs for 4 MMATS Monster 10's? don't get me wrong I like these subs but cam across the mmats monster series and was thinking about it.
Keith77 Posted December 23, 2013 Report Posted December 23, 2013 Im not a box designer but if it was me i would be trying to do a box with subs up and port back. As for the subs. I haven't tried either one but MMATs makes a great sub so It would be a good swap if thats what you want to do. Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born. My penis is bigger than your penis I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.
jk13 Posted December 23, 2013 Report Posted December 23, 2013 The boxes are close to what Boston would recommend for daily listening. If you are looking for spl numbers you will probably need to go bigger or at least more port area. At 3:00 or so it looks like the small box on top is moving around quite a bit. That tells me that they are flexing like crazy and costing you even more output. Buy whatever subs you want, but build a better box or start bracing that one. You can then test configurations to see what works better in your car. If you can get on a meter you can first test the configuration you have now, then flip it so subs are up and port is back and see if that's any better. No one can tell you what it's metering without a meter. Static drops are my bag.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.