Second Skin Audio

SQ/AQ questions

CleanSierra

Hey so I've searched and couldn't find anything on the subject but I've got a couple of questions about the AQ HDC3 subs.

I've got a good line on a couple of these subs, they're the D1 10" subs with the 3" coils. They are in need of a recone and I'm really wanting then more for the experience to recone. My question is:

How much more power would the Aluminum coil recone take over the standard Copper coil? With the extra $40 for this option that SQ charges be justified?

Question 2:

If using 2 of these 10s in a common chambered box, what size aeroport(s) would be good do you think? I'm not sure I'm wanting to run them in my regular cab or not, I'm just thinking about options.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

SQ suggests 40" of port and 2.5 cubes for 2 10s. That's basically 3 4" ports. That question may be considered answered though.

The power question is important though. These things are rated at 1500W RMS, and the Aluminum surely bumps that up. I'm not looking for an answer from someone who's burped one on 4K, I'm looking for daily RMS kind of answers

I had 3 - 18s aluminum and I feed them 3000 watts and they took it all day everyday. SQ has always been really hush hush when it came to true RMS rating but there are videos on YouTube of people feeding them over 3500 watts on a daily setup. Great Quality even better price!

6 Funky Pup 12's

2k is about tops. Id yoyre careful

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

2k is about tops. Id yoyre careful

Thanks N8. I'm guessing just stick between the stock 1500-2000 making 2000 the ceiling for power. I'm not looking to send gobs of power, I'm just wanting to give them what they need to perform ccorrectly. So maybe any of the 3.5Ks(no brands needed, just Korean board amps) would be good enough to tickle these things.

I just got 2 SQ hdc3 12s myself. Man they are much more beefy then what a pics shows... My friend had a pair in his jeep on a AQ 2200 and it was only tickling them, so he got a AQ 3500 and I was thinking the cones were going to explode! Lol 1.5k daily I think is fine on them for long life of the sub. His box was 5cuft after sub/port with well over 100sq" of port.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

I would go with what soundqubed suggests for the biggest box for 2 10's remember sq loves big boxes. As for power a 3.5k would do fine for the 2.I feed mine 1.2k and it laughs at it so hard lol.

Edit: some one correct me if wrong but sq states the aluminum coils are more ment for spl. With the copper coils it will sound better. Just what I read.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

I'm not sure about the SPL only(in reference to the Aluminum coils)but it would be good info to have. This could be a burp only setup, I've not really made up my mind yet. I don't know what they'd sound like daily. I've heard them get loud, but never daily on low tunes for music. It's not like I can time low and expect the cone area to pick up the slack for lower frequencies with only 2 10s. I know low tunes aren't suggested with these things, if I was gonna run them daily I'd do something like 36 or 37Hz. Comp only would be more like 46-49. Maybe removable ports even.

37 is about perfect. I wouldnt tune thst high for conp without findkng your resonant frequency and all that

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived