just ordered the viper 5704 should get it the 2nd but dont plan to install it till spring gotta get everything else first. few questions about people that own it. is the starter legit 1 mile range? how was your expierence installing it. i plan to take out my dash and get thiis and my sound deadening done in one shot. also whats your over all opinion of it . how easily / what makes it go off? the only thing i dislike is the horn im not sure where im gonna mount it so im lookling for opinions or suggestions for where to mount of what other options you guys went with. i was thinking about getting a car horn type and mounting it next to my factory horn that way its not noticble or able to be cut

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

What car all cars are not equal and the shock sensors are adjustable. Hope you got good dmm skills

Otherwise its not hard just finding and tsgging the right wires.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i have a 98 neon without pw/pl so ill be adding those it should be a pretty easy install being the only thing i should have to tag into the stock harness are lights and possibly horn. this will be my first alarm install. / my dad has put 2 starters in so ill have him helping me with this. the car already has a remote starter so the wires designated for that are are already obvious.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

I just installed the 5704v monday into my 2000 LS400.

It wasnt too bad. do a lot of research, read read and read.

The instalation manuals are junk. they just tell you what the wire does, Not where to put it.

I also had 3 wiring diagrams for my car, One from audiovox, 12voltforum, and bulldog security. not all the wires on the diagrams matched. so make sure you test.

I have not checked the 1 mile range, but im sure its 1 mile under the best conditions. like out in a desert, completly flat and nothing in the way.

however my car is parked about 300 yards away right now and I can reach it from my living room.

also prepare your alarm on the bench, go through your wires and cut off what you dont need. dont just rip the pins out! you may want them down the line.

dont forget that you need to program it when you finish installing it. for instance mine came from the factory in Maunal tranny mode, so my car (auto) would not start. (you have to do a sequence of things when you shutdown for it to work). So I had to change it to auto mode and that let me start it. You also need to hookup the safety switch for it to work. it comes in the box. I forgot to and was ripping my hair out.

good luck.

i got it in the mail yesturday and went threw and turns out im missing one of the cables that was pictured on ebay i messaged the vender to see about getting it i really dont wana have to pay to ship it back just to get what i originall paid for but i dont even know if ill end up needing the cable its the one for the light flash polarity ? its on the top of the brain for it only 3 wires prolly something i could make if i really needed it.

being my car is pre skim and does not have pl/pw and i plan to take the dash off when i do this. install should be slightly easier then what you went threw :) but none the less thanks for chiming in. being your ca has a skim thats prolly where alot of your head ache came from

Light flash polarity is determined on which terminals you connect together with the 10 amp mini fuse that is provided. Open up the compartment on the brain and you will see it

5a47b02.jpg

http://Bhirst.com My portfoilo and blog!

2005 Nissan 350z with an iPad install and a dd 2508

http://www.stevemead...ll-and-dd-2508/

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier

http://www.stevemead...n-half-for-fun/

These alarms are nice. I'm going to be putting one in soon. My buddy has one on all 6 of his cars lol. An older car I owned had a viper remote start in it. It was the model before the 5704 and it was nice too. I used a relay and tapped into the wiring for the alarm horn to sounds the factory horn. That made a huge difference.

Light flash polarity is determined on which terminals you connect together with the 10 amp mini fuse that is provided. Open up the compartment on the brain and you will see it

so is that something i 100% need that cord for. i message the selling on ebay they said they would send it out and they sent the wrong one

the store i got the alarm for on ebay is now saying that none of there 5704v alarms have that cord. but it was in the picture and description when i bought it so i think it should be included. can anyone verfiy if i even need that cord?

Archived