Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

How To Make Trunks Car's Loud?


Recommended Posts

Posted

As stated, subs forward and ports to the driver's side works very well in trunk cars. :)

I built an enclosure in a cavalier for 2 crunch groundpounder 12's and a 20.1 @ 1 ohm (~1200 watts) that did a 144+ in bassrace.

But does it have to be external ports??

NEED TO GET LOUDER!!!

Posted

thats what he is kinda saying decaf...except make the box as narrow as possible and as deep as possible, with the ports as far back as possible firing to the side and have the sub firing forwards...

and byron...those above boxes are probably just for pure burping...so external ports would probably work best for that...for daily driving i personally wouldnt do it that way..but thats just a personal preference...

i likes me some audio stuff...

Posted

yeah those pictures were found cause i remembered searching for spl setups for type r's and those popped up

i like how you can change the ports when they are external but they look ugly

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Posted

thats what he is kinda saying decaf...except make the box as narrow as possible and as deep as possible, with the ports as far back as possible firing to the side and have the sub firing forwards...

and byron...those above boxes are probably just for pure burping...so external ports would probably work best for that...for daily driving i personally wouldnt do it that way..but thats just a personal preference...

OK i just want aloud daily driver.how hard was it for u to make that box??everything look like it fits perfect.thats how i want mine to look,1 more ?? do u get any port noise?

NEED TO GET LOUDER!!!

Posted

I have 2 Aero Ports, I forget the size their both on the left side, the subs face forward and it gets loud as all fucking hell. I'll take pictures if you guys want let me know.

I was hitting 138 off a T1500 before being ported i'm prob 140+ with it being ported now. I've yet to get it metered.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Posted

i kinda wanted to do the same thing, just want a loud daily driver...im not really concerned about metering i just want it to be loud as hell. you think subs forward and port forward would be loud as hell and get low as hell for a daily driver? i also want to be able to fold up the rear seat incase i have to bring people, naw mean

12" fi q

rf t10001

naw mean

Posted

I am burping a 146 on the dash legal and doing a 143.x bassrace with only 1500 watts. An I'm not just talking, I got the proof to back it up. My subs are pointed up and ports forward. I try pointing the subs and ports back but had no airflow into the cab. It was loud to the ear but didn't meter worth a crap. Flexed really good too. Now I have the subs up and ports forward.

The best thing I can tell you is to build a test box, all single layer with no bracing. Point the subs back, up, forward, side, etc. Do the same for the ports. What this is gonna do for you is tell you the best direction the point your stuff. Once you find that out then build a good box with the whole nine yards.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

Posted

i kinda wanted to do the same thing, just want a loud daily driver...im not really concerned about metering i just want it to be loud as hell. you think subs forward and port forward would be loud as hell and get low as hell for a daily driver? i also want to be able to fold up the rear seat incase i have to bring people, naw mean

well, a Trunk car with the seats up it won't get loud... seats have to fold down to get the full affect. Your better off having the subs face the trunk, rather than have the subs facing in, and like u said have the port in the middle. You could also just push the trunk all the way to the front of the trunk, and have the subs face inwards that gets loud to.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Posted

Look, people are going to tell you this is louder and that is louder and so on. You have to find out for yourself what is louder in your car. I had people tell me that my setup will never work... guess what, they don't tell me that now.

ITS ALL TRIAL AND ERROR... build a cheap test box. Hell half the fun is going through the process to find what is louder.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

Posted

Look, people are going to tell you this is louder and that is louder and so on. You have to find out for yourself what is louder in your car. I had people tell me that my setup will never work... guess what, they don't tell me that now.

ITS ALL TRIAL AND ERROR... build a cheap test box. Hell half the fun is going through the process to find what is louder.

I agree.

unless u got no time or money to do the build, oh did i mention experience?

lol

and tools.

and storage

:angry:

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2400 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...