Mechman Alternators

Best alternator to buy for 2003 Ford Focus ZX5?

Okay so I am looking for a new alternator for my 2003 Ford Focus ZX5. Looking for something between 160-180amps. Currently mine has the stock alternator and it just isn't making enough to keep up! I'm not running much, just a deck with 4 RF 6x8's a single RF 12" on a 500watt amp and a 500 watt power inverter (for laptops, iPads and such) that is hard wired up to the battery. I'm looking to upgrade to a bit more here soon. I'm running an Optima Yellow top and a .5 fared cap. Which Mechman alternator do you recommend and is the easiest to install. Do I need any special mounts or hardware for it? Or should it just be an easy swap? Looking at the l series 150. My focus has a 110 on it right now. Thanks for all of your help!

Edited by thegoof529

• 2 weeks later...

just contact mechman and talk to them. they can make one for you that will be a direct swap no extra parts or anything needed. do the big 3 though, it will help a lot.

I have a 03 zx5 to and the alt is can be a bit of a pain to get to. move the power steering reservoir, coolant tank, after getting the alt unbolted either you will need to jack up the engine mount or use a pry bar on the passenger side motor mount to push the motor over a little bit to squeeze the alt out.

either way though just contact mechman tell them what your goal is answer their question.

imo, get the biggest one they offer. better to replace it once then twice. all bass heads upgrade eventually so get what you can now.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

• 2 weeks later...