Jbarrera93 Posted December 31, 2013 Report Posted December 31, 2013 Okay so yesterday I switched out my 6.5's in the rear doors because I had been hearing some static coming from the rear passenger speaker but not from any of the others. So after I pulled out the mid I switched it to the drivers side and it was fine but still got the noise from the passenger side. So I replaced the speaker wire that was in there with some Knu Concpetz wire I had laying around and connected the 3-way I had in front but still got the same issue. Don't have pictures right now because I am at work. But I still have stock speaker connections and I just replaced the wire that runs to the speaker. Any help in trying to find the issue would be very much appreciated because the static is very annoying. 2001 Chevy Blazer LS Kenwood KDC-HD552U 2 12" SDC 2.5 D4 Fi SP4 18" 4 Sundown SA-12's HiFonics BE 1200.1 Soundstream RUB1.2500D Looking for a 5k XS Power D3100 4 Soundqubed 6.5's (Pro Audio) 2 Soundqubed 3-Way 6.5's 2 Soundqubed Super Tweeters
alaskanzx5 Posted December 31, 2013 Report Posted December 31, 2013 I'm going to say RCA wires, unless you using a pointer deck and got swapped the RCA wires in which case it would be the head unit. I don't the head unit here though, check to make sure your grounds are spl nice and tight still and your RCAS are on all the way. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
Jbarrera93 Posted December 31, 2013 Author Report Posted December 31, 2013 It can't be RCA's I'm running the mid's and high's off the head-unit. I didn't think to pull out the head-unit yesterday and check the connections but I doubt anything is wromng with those I took my time to make sure they wouldn't come undone or be exposed. 2001 Chevy Blazer LS Kenwood KDC-HD552U 2 12" SDC 2.5 D4 Fi SP4 18" 4 Sundown SA-12's HiFonics BE 1200.1 Soundstream RUB1.2500D Looking for a 5k XS Power D3100 4 Soundqubed 6.5's (Pro Audio) 2 Soundqubed 3-Way 6.5's 2 Soundqubed Super Tweeters
Jbarrera93 Posted December 31, 2013 Author Report Posted December 31, 2013 Bump 2001 Chevy Blazer LS Kenwood KDC-HD552U 2 12" SDC 2.5 D4 Fi SP4 18" 4 Sundown SA-12's HiFonics BE 1200.1 Soundstream RUB1.2500D Looking for a 5k XS Power D3100 4 Soundqubed 6.5's (Pro Audio) 2 Soundqubed 3-Way 6.5's 2 Soundqubed Super Tweeters
alaskanzx5 Posted December 31, 2013 Report Posted December 31, 2013 Check your grounds, a, bad ground can do weird things t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
Skullz Posted December 31, 2013 Report Posted December 31, 2013 Possibly a bad amp if it is static, but the only way to know for certain is to pull and start switching wires and see if the same thing happens when you hook different speakers to it. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
alaskanzx5 Posted December 31, 2013 Report Posted December 31, 2013 he said its power of the head unit. would have to be the internal amp on the head unit if that was the case. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
Skullz Posted December 31, 2013 Report Posted December 31, 2013 Quite possibly a bad speaker but it is tough to diagnose unless you pull speaker wires and start hooking them up to different places to know for certain. Always rule speakers out first if you have an issue and work your way back to the H/U. Next to rule out is speaker wire, then amplifier, rca's and so on till you reach the H/U. It is always a process of elimination till your to the offending piece causing your problem. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Jbarrera93 Posted December 31, 2013 Author Report Posted December 31, 2013 Okay well I know it isn't the speaker or speaker wire because those were checked yesterday so now to move to the stock speaker clip and move on from there, I'm thinking that's where the issue is. I'm off the next two days ive actually been wanting to replace all the old speaker wire anyways so now I have a reason to do it. 2001 Chevy Blazer LS Kenwood KDC-HD552U 2 12" SDC 2.5 D4 Fi SP4 18" 4 Sundown SA-12's HiFonics BE 1200.1 Soundstream RUB1.2500D Looking for a 5k XS Power D3100 4 Soundqubed 6.5's (Pro Audio) 2 Soundqubed 3-Way 6.5's 2 Soundqubed Super Tweeters
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.