Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mmotux

Using Dual xpr520 for 2 12's?

5 posts in this topic

bridging the amp to 2 ohms? you'll probably smoke the amp.

it has a 30 amp fuse. so its good for like 150x2 at 2 ohms. or 300x1 at 4 ohms.

Straight from the owners manual.google is your friend.

Speaker Connections

Connect speaker wires observing polarity. The minimum impedance load for the XPR520 is 2 ohms stereo and 4 ohms bridged. Use of loads lower than these is not recommended and may cause amplifier damage. The XPR520 can be wired for stereo, bridged or stereo/bridged simultaneous operation.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By CRich614
      I'm kind of new to car audio and I can't seem to figure this out. If you are using a crossover or DSP how do you get power to your tweeters? I don't know any amplifiers that have that low of wattage except 4-channel amps. But then they only have 2 outputs, show what do I do with the other 2 channels? 
    • By Juan1988
       What should I set the knobs labeled "Width" and "Center" my previous amp didn't have these knobs and hit lowsend clean below 30hz but theven amp I have now hits dirty 
    • By skaraudio
      The wait is finally over! Over the weekend we received the largest shipment of RP amplifiers ever! Every model including the RP-2000.1D, RP-800.1D, and RP-75.4AB are all stocked and ready to be shipped to your doorstep! Order your RP amplifier today! 
      >> www.skaraudio.com/collections/rp-series <<
      RP-2000.1D

RP-800.1D

RP-75.4AB

ALL ORDERS OVER $100 RECEIVE FREE SHIPPING!!!
      www.skaraudio.com

- Devin
    • By Peton
      (Sorry if bad english)

Hi, 
      I currently have a Hifonics BRX2416.1D (which delivers 1600w at 2 ohms) for my Sundown X12 V.2 (1500W, dual coil).
      The sub is 4ohm and wired at 2ohm, so it takes about 1600W.
      I want to buy another X12 V.2 D4, and a BRX3016.1d (which delivers 2000w at 2 ohms) to have a good amount of power and to wire the two amps as slave / master.
      But I really don't know :
      - Is it possible to wire two different amps as slave master? (like the 2416.1d and 3016.1d)
      - What will be the impedence if I put my two subs in parallel or series?
      - How many watts will each subs recieve?
      - If I manage to get about 2000w for each sub, will they take it or will they break? (I heard that sundown subs are underrated by the manufacturer)
      Thanks !
    • By gmoxley1
      Alright so I've had my amp (saz-1200D) for about 2 years now and I recently sold my old subs to a friend to help pay for my new subs. I just got one of my new subs (SA-12 D4) in the mail. So I take it out the box set it in the truck and wire it up in parallel, positive to positive and negative to negative and check it with a cheap handheld meter and got almost exactly 2 ohms. When I went to play music I had almost zero output. I thought there was no output until I went in and changed my sub level to max just to see if it would move and it just barely vibrates.
      What's weird though ia that my SMD OM-1 shows everything is nor.al output wise at the volume level I nor.ally listen at. Nothing has been changed since the last subs were in place.
      Any suggestions on where to start? Thanks!!
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 1 Anonymous, 1,156 Guests (See full list)