Sign in to follow this  
mmotux

Using Dual xpr520 for 2 12's?

bridging the amp to 2 ohms? you'll probably smoke the amp.

it has a 30 amp fuse. so its good for like 150x2 at 2 ohms. or 300x1 at 4 ohms.

Straight from the owners manual.google is your friend.

Speaker Connections

Connect speaker wires observing polarity. The minimum impedance load for the XPR520 is 2 ohms stereo and 4 ohms bridged. Use of loads lower than these is not recommended and may cause amplifier damage. The XPR520 can be wired for stereo, bridged or stereo/bridged simultaneous operation.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Krisztián Arnold
      Hi Guys!
      I'm new here, but I've been doing car audio stuff for years so I know the basics. However  there is one thing that I can not get the correct answer to, and that is how to measure an amplifier's RMS! 
      I read through may pages of forums, but every single one of them just got me more confused. Since I don't have a fancy equipment to do it all I've been wondering if you guys can help me out. What kind of equipment and methods do I need to determine it properly? 
      Also I've been told that the good old Ohm's, and Watt's law are not working correctly in this scenerio, witch I doubt but who knows, I might be wrong. 
      And filally here is the video, that got me mixed up to the poin where I can't understand anything: 

I'm kinda stuck on this one, and it makes me go crazy.  PLS HELP! 
      THX in advance! 
    • By Paul Kadoshnikov
      Just wanting to see if anyone can either point out the part # or if they are selling a dual or triple alternator bracket for a Ford F150 1997 4.6L V8. If its even possible with my model.
    • By Bassahead
      Hi , I was wondering if the Jl audio 13w7 could sound better (sql) if a bigger, lower tuned  ported box, than recomended by J,l was made.  
      I have one in a ported box inside the trunk of my mk6 VW golf.
    • By goldeneye4564
      Alright, i am sure you guys have heard this many times before.
      I have 4 18" FI BTL N2 subwoofers (V1) and I want to install them in my living room.
      Being dual 2 subs... I could wire one to one amp at 4ohm in series.
      So, guess ill need 4 amps. Any suggestions? i have been looking and found a few dayton audio amps.. 
      I havent found anything that does around 1500 watts rms at 4 ohm. I am assuming this isnt common in home audio?
      Or will i need to hook up my welder to my 750.1? Lol.
    • By johndipo
      I am actually leasing this car so ive been trying to do the install so that at the end of the lease I can return it all back to stock. I'm running 2 12 JL w3 on a JL jx 1000/1. Just got a new box for them to match the specs JL prefers. Atrend makes a box called 12JL01DV. Not exact but pretty damn close to spec. My old box was too small for these subs. For the mids and highs in my front stage I have Focal Auditor 6.5 components. Made custom speaker rings out of some scrap mahogany I had. I wanted to install the in the factory location so I cut two identical rings of .75in thick using a router and glued them together. Used this rubbery foam weather stripping as a gasket around the speaker to make sure it was all sealed at the door panel. For the tweeters the actually fit almost perfect behind the door panel in the factory location. I used steel back strapping, hot glue and sound deadner around the edges of the opening to seal it and prevent rattles. Also made speaker rings for the pioneer d series coaxials in the back doors for the rear stage. Bought some KnuKonceptz 1/0 and ran it all the to back and split it off with 4 gauge using a distro block for the power wire and ran 16 gauge to the mids and highs. Had some spare 1/0 and did a big three upgrade and swapped the battery for an Interstate MT7. Way too many times my car died on me with the little stock battery and its a brand new car!

• Who's Online   21 Members, 0 Anonymous, 148 Guests (See full list)