JuniorXJ Posted December 31, 2013 Report Posted December 31, 2013 I'm not sure if this is covered some where on here or not ,but my question is i want to run 2 set of passive components ( ppi s2.65 ) in my front doors, my question is if I can run them parallel or not. there site says 100 watts @ 4 ohms i wanna run them together @ 2 ohms because the amp i wanna run does 200 watts per channel @ 2 ohms. i may be over thinking this but doesn't hurt to ask. 1998 Jeep Cherokee Headunit: Alpine CDE-143BTEq: NVX XEQ7Front stage: Boston Acoustic 6.5 Component setRear stage : RemovedMid/High Amp : Pioneer GM-X364 70x2 bridgedSubwoofer: Fi BL 18" Dual 2 wired @ 1ohmSub Amp: CT Sounds 1400.1d Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/180586-juniorxjs-98-cherokee-build/
jk13 Posted December 31, 2013 Report Posted December 31, 2013 Two parallel 4 ohm sets equals 2 ohms just like with subs. So that's correct. Each set would see half of the power output. Half of 200 is 100 per set. So yeah, you're good. And probably over thinking it. Just be sure to wire up each set of speakers to it's own passive crossover and do your parallel wiring between the amp and crossovers. Static drops are my bag.
JuniorXJ Posted December 31, 2013 Author Report Posted December 31, 2013 Ok that's what i thought but wanted to make sure ,yeah my plan was to run everything like it suppose to and then run the crossovers parallel to the amp. 1998 Jeep Cherokee Headunit: Alpine CDE-143BTEq: NVX XEQ7Front stage: Boston Acoustic 6.5 Component setRear stage : RemovedMid/High Amp : Pioneer GM-X364 70x2 bridgedSubwoofer: Fi BL 18" Dual 2 wired @ 1ohmSub Amp: CT Sounds 1400.1d Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/180586-juniorxjs-98-cherokee-build/
Karkov Posted December 31, 2013 Report Posted December 31, 2013 I approve this message. ok on the real though, I hate to pry BUT make sure gains are set accordingly (correct) and be careful because if the amp does more than rated you have a chance of thermally frying some shizz. 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
JuniorXJ Posted December 31, 2013 Author Report Posted December 31, 2013 I have a dd-1 and I plan to find the clip and turn it a good bit down from there 1998 Jeep Cherokee Headunit: Alpine CDE-143BTEq: NVX XEQ7Front stage: Boston Acoustic 6.5 Component setRear stage : RemovedMid/High Amp : Pioneer GM-X364 70x2 bridgedSubwoofer: Fi BL 18" Dual 2 wired @ 1ohmSub Amp: CT Sounds 1400.1d Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/180586-juniorxjs-98-cherokee-build/
JuniorXJ Posted December 31, 2013 Author Report Posted December 31, 2013 I saw a tread where the guy melted his crossovers and that made me start second guessing my self so I will definitely tune it with caution 1998 Jeep Cherokee Headunit: Alpine CDE-143BTEq: NVX XEQ7Front stage: Boston Acoustic 6.5 Component setRear stage : RemovedMid/High Amp : Pioneer GM-X364 70x2 bridgedSubwoofer: Fi BL 18" Dual 2 wired @ 1ohmSub Amp: CT Sounds 1400.1d Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/180586-juniorxjs-98-cherokee-build/
Karkov Posted January 1, 2014 Report Posted January 1, 2014 I saw a tread where the guy melted his crossovers and that made me start second guessing my self so I will definitely tune it with caution that was me, hahaha 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
JuniorXJ Posted January 1, 2014 Author Report Posted January 1, 2014 I saw a tread where the guy melted his crossovers and that made me start second guessing my self so I will definitely tune it with cautionthat was me, hahaha Whoops! Didnt mean anything bad by that. Lol So I order two sets of the ppi s2.65 and a ppi bk800.4 , using 2ch for these got my front stage figured out now i gotta get some rears 1998 Jeep Cherokee Headunit: Alpine CDE-143BTEq: NVX XEQ7Front stage: Boston Acoustic 6.5 Component setRear stage : RemovedMid/High Amp : Pioneer GM-X364 70x2 bridgedSubwoofer: Fi BL 18" Dual 2 wired @ 1ohmSub Amp: CT Sounds 1400.1d Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/180586-juniorxjs-98-cherokee-build/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.