Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

New sub box for fellow member


CleanSierra

Recommended Posts

Posted

AGreene is getting some new subs and needed a new box. Tuned around 34 Hz for a couple of PSi Platform 1 12s. This box ended up being 4 cubes net tuned at 34 Hz and double baffled with 3 4" ports. It's nearly done but I ran out of time before coming to work today. I'll get the other side's carpet glued and trimmed properly after work tonight and ship it out in the morning.

Here are the pics:

20131230_200252.jpg

20131230_235037.jpg

20131231_001355.jpg

20140101_174350.jpg

20140101_175851.jpg

Stupid cutting carpet around ports. If it wasn't for the flares, I could have gotten them perfect. I have an idea for a quick smoothing over that I'll withhold :peepwall:

20140101_185922.jpg

20140101_185938.jpg

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Clean.....

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

Posted

next time for those type of ports, paint the inside before carpeting and put your round over bit a little deeper so it creates the lip to give you something to trim flush with. looks really good man.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Posted

I'm gonna tape off the carpet and do my trick to really make the ports seamless. This whole project was done in a day and a half so far.

Liquid nails came in handy for supporting the ports and port brace Normally I like it prettier but it's the inside of the box so who gives a shit ;)

I can't wait to get the carpet all trimmed up either. I had to rush to get ready for work and had to leave everything as it was :(

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

someone wana buy me a table saw? I'm tired of not getting blown off last-minute and having to make rough cuts with a jigsaw and ghetto-rigged guide and then sanding the shit out of everything to get it flush, only to come and see this kinda beauty come from only a day and a half of work….nice build tho!

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

Posted

Would you care to do mine?

2003 silverado TEAM DC

Pioneer Avh 5500

4 DC lvl 5 18s

12 crescendo pwx 6.5s

4 crescendo ft1 tweets

6xs d3400s

Singer 400 alt

Skyhigh ofc wires

Skyhigh speaker wires

Smd vm1

2 DC 175.4

DC 10k

bottom-1_zps841868a8.gif

biggains_smd05_01_zpsmzshwldk.jpg

biggains_smd05_02_zpskjra9f1e.jpg

biggains_smd05_03_zpsncvjgng9.jpg

biggains_smd05_04_zpsr7ddubta.jpg

Posted

Would you care to do mine?

If you're serious, PM me and we can get you something. I have a local guy here that I'm going to design and do a rebuild for him top keep him out of a walled class and get louder with the equipment he's running. So after I'm done with that, o could get something for you.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Check your inbox Sierra

2003 silverado TEAM DC

Pioneer Avh 5500

4 DC lvl 5 18s

12 crescendo pwx 6.5s

4 crescendo ft1 tweets

6xs d3400s

Singer 400 alt

Skyhigh ofc wires

Skyhigh speaker wires

Smd vm1

2 DC 175.4

DC 10k

bottom-1_zps841868a8.gif

biggains_smd05_01_zpsmzshwldk.jpg

biggains_smd05_02_zpskjra9f1e.jpg

biggains_smd05_03_zpsncvjgng9.jpg

biggains_smd05_04_zpsr7ddubta.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4054 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...