Second Skin Audio

(2) dual 2ohm to 2ohm impedence

Skax

im really new to this stuff and if anyone could tell me how to do it it would be great i saw a video and saw 2 different ways parrallel and this one http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/images/wiring_wizard/2_2ohmDVC_2ohm.png and this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htx0aXmzFmo or are they the same thing lol if anyone could help would be highly appreciated :):)

2002 Mustang GT Procharged

Procharger P1SC Supercharger, 8psi

Procharger Intercooler, Headers,

Borla Off Road X-Pipe Exhaust, Mass Airflow

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Wire each woofer in series, then wire the pair in parallel.

Like this.

2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

Wire each woofer in series, then wire the pair in parallel.

Like this.

2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

i guess my confusion is and a dumb one is the second sub doesnt have to be actually hooked up directly from the amp?so i will have one terminal on the back of the box with nothing in it??

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

Could you re-phrase that?

like do i have to have only 1 sub hooked into the amp and the other one jumps off of it or both need to be hooked to it?

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

If you have a separate terminals for both subs you would wire them the same as the second diagram in this link (http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp~Q~1~I~22), Then you would wire both positives on the terminals together then connect it to the amp, then you would wire both negatives on the terminals together then connect it to the amp. I hope that helps.

As long as the wires are connected. Either directly at the amp or through other means

If you have a separate terminals for both subs you would wire them the same as the second diagram in this link (http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp~Q~1~I~22), Then you would wire both positives on the terminals together then connect it to the amp, then you would wire both negatives on the terminals together then connect it to the amp. I hope that helps.

im confused as shit :/ im new to this sorry :/ so after i get it to 2 ohm load i would take my speaker wire from the amp and run it to the back of the box terminal for both subs right?

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

to unconfuse you maybe:

take both subs out of the box and unwire them if they are pre wired or whatever.

connect a wire that leads from the + of SUB#1 A over to the + of SUB #2 A

connect a wire that leads from the - of sub #1 B over to the - of SUB #2 B

connect another wire to the - of first coil to + of other coil. repeat on other sub.

now both subs are connected

Hopefully you did this through the box

add another + wire from one of the subs and lead it to the + of one of the box terminals. take the - from the same sub to the - of the same box terminal.

screw subs down

wire from amp to the same box terminal you used. if there was another box terminal you can ignore it.

boom.

edit:

dvc

Archived