Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Port position in wall


Recommended Posts

Posted

Torn between middle and driver side port getting ready to take my whole set up out and start the wall mostly will be used for demos and daily but will still compete

6377FB51-3DAD-4923-A880-0250FD708735_zps

3C83903E-7DDA-43DB-97A1-B97815726D56_zps

10AF816D-E602-40BB-97E5-569BF3100691_zps

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids

imagesCAA9EA5N_zps0f411022.jpga5ec9a01-b60c-4312-9001-236b48dfe6b0_zpsb01ef146-7fd0-47c3-90e9-f1a2d4595b03_zpsimagesCATNMRMV_zps66a8566a.jpg

Posted

I like the look of the middle port but im sure the driver port would be better.

2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT CC - Will be running 2-3 DC Audion M3 8s, unsure of amp, Mechman 320 amp alt.

2005 Ford F150 - Bagged on 24s, fully shaved, raised bed floor. 

Posted

Yeh I heard the same about driver side for the meter, the port I did now with my box is sub forward port up driver side and I always thought my middle port set ups sounded the best to the ear and I like the middle looks

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids

imagesCAA9EA5N_zps0f411022.jpga5ec9a01-b60c-4312-9001-236b48dfe6b0_zpsb01ef146-7fd0-47c3-90e9-f1a2d4595b03_zpsimagesCATNMRMV_zps66a8566a.jpg

Posted

And now with port driver there's a noticeable difference in volume from driver to passenger seat so I was thinking middle would be better demo wise

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids

imagesCAA9EA5N_zps0f411022.jpga5ec9a01-b60c-4312-9001-236b48dfe6b0_zpsb01ef146-7fd0-47c3-90e9-f1a2d4595b03_zpsimagesCATNMRMV_zps66a8566a.jpg

Posted

The middle one is Sam's wall. It is a c pillar and it is nasty. Very loud and musical.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Posted

Yeh that one looks pretty sick I think that's what in gonna end up shooting for

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids

imagesCAA9EA5N_zps0f411022.jpga5ec9a01-b60c-4312-9001-236b48dfe6b0_zpsb01ef146-7fd0-47c3-90e9-f1a2d4595b03_zpsimagesCATNMRMV_zps66a8566a.jpg

Posted

Anybody know if my sa's will like 33hz tuning the last box I built for them was 6 cubes after displacement at 35 I'm thinking 7.5 to 8 cubes at 33 or 34 for the wall

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids

imagesCAA9EA5N_zps0f411022.jpga5ec9a01-b60c-4312-9001-236b48dfe6b0_zpsb01ef146-7fd0-47c3-90e9-f1a2d4595b03_zpsimagesCATNMRMV_zps66a8566a.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4682 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...