Mcorci89 Posted January 6, 2014 Report Posted January 6, 2014 I have a 04 chevy blazer with 2 kicker L7 15 dual 4 ohm . Wanting to build a a new box tuned to 32 hz. Maximum dimensions I can go in my trunk are 38" wide 32" deep and 24" tall. I'm running them off a hifonics Brutus 2400.1 and have the Big 3 upgrade red top batt up front and waiting on an xs-power 3000.
Mcorci89 Posted January 7, 2014 Author Report Posted January 7, 2014 Want to start this build by the weekend. Need quick box design
03silvergt Posted January 7, 2014 Report Posted January 7, 2014 Here is something that I just threw together. I am not a designer by any means but atleast I will try to get you into the right direction. I did the hard part so hopefully someone can tell you if it is a good design or not. If you want to try and use this design then by all means try but, just know that I have no idea what I am doing and figured I would give it a shot. I also dont know the displacement of the subs so i didnt put that in there and also didnt put the common port walls in. 2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT CC - Will be running 2-3 DC Audion M3 8s, unsure of amp, Mechman 320 amp alt. 2005 Ford F150 - Bagged on 24s, fully shaved, raised bed floor.
CleanSierra Posted January 7, 2014 Report Posted January 7, 2014 ^^^Tuning will be lower than what you have figured. You didn't figure in 3 common port walls. Displacement is likely around .14-.16 per sub. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
03silvergt Posted January 7, 2014 Report Posted January 7, 2014 ^^^Tuning will be lower than what you have figured. You didn't figure in 3 common port walls. Displacement is likely around .14-.16 per sub. I'm sure there is a thread on here about it but how do you factor in port walls? 2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT CC - Will be running 2-3 DC Audion M3 8s, unsure of amp, Mechman 320 amp alt. 2005 Ford F150 - Bagged on 24s, fully shaved, raised bed floor.
Joe X Posted January 7, 2014 Report Posted January 7, 2014 Also the port length is measured along it's center line end to end, and the baffle is kind of weak and it looks like the subs will barely fit.
03silvergt Posted January 7, 2014 Report Posted January 7, 2014 Also the port length is measured along it's center line end to end, and the baffle is kind of weak and it looks like the subs will barely fit. Okay let me redeem myself tomorrow night when I get off work. I was thinking that the baffle looked a little weak but I forgot to change it before I saved it. I will build a better one tomorrow. 2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT CC - Will be running 2-3 DC Audion M3 8s, unsure of amp, Mechman 320 amp alt. 2005 Ford F150 - Bagged on 24s, fully shaved, raised bed floor.
Mcorci89 Posted January 7, 2014 Author Report Posted January 7, 2014 According to kicker the displacement per sub is .10
03silvergt Posted January 8, 2014 Report Posted January 8, 2014 Here you go. I think this one is a little better. Still not the best but I think this one will work. Hopefully someone can chime in. 2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT CC - Will be running 2-3 DC Audion M3 8s, unsure of amp, Mechman 320 amp alt. 2005 Ford F150 - Bagged on 24s, fully shaved, raised bed floor.
Joe X Posted January 8, 2014 Report Posted January 8, 2014 It breaks the port area ratio rule, ratio needs to be kept at most 9:1 and ideally lower. You are 12:1 as you can see on the box stats.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.