Second Skin Audio

Two ten sealed or 1 ten ported

timc31610

Hey guys, I have an 08 F150 supercrew with a JL Audio Stealthbox under the rear seat ( picked it up from CL for $50 ) It has a 10W6V1 in it at the moment and sounds ok. I am powering it with an Alpine mr-m500. My question is this. I have two of these 10W6 and have been toying with building a center console to house both. JL recommends a .65 ft3 per sub sealed which I could pull off in a console. Would two in a sealed box be better than a single in a ported enclosure? Also, would I need to use 3/4" mdf or would 1/2" work for these. They are rated at 300 watts rms. Thanks for your input!

not to side track the thread but why would you not want to push old subs? I've seen 15+ year old subs play great. That is as long as the soft parts were servicable and the surrounds were not worn out.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Im not sure if it helps but I had both of these subs reconed about 4 months ago with new surrounds. If I go with two I will have them in seperate chambers and each running off its own amp. That Alpine will do close to 400 watts at 3 ohms which is what each sub will be wired to. The other option I have is one 8w7AE that I have sitting around, but that would be less cone are than even one of the tens.

Im not sure if it helps but I had both of these subs reconed about 4 months ago with new surrounds. If I go with two I will have them in seperate chambers and each running off its own amp. That Alpine will do close to 400 watts at 3 ohms which is what each sub will be wired to. The other option I have is one 8w7AE that I have sitting around, but that would be less cone are than even one of the tens. Thank you Joe for your quick response.

Im not sure if it helps but I had both of these subs reconed about 4 months ago with new surrounds. If I go with two I will have them in seperate chambers and each running off its own amp. That Alpine will do close to 400 watts at 3 ohms which is what each sub will be wired to. The other option I have is one 8w7AE that I have sitting around, but that would be less cone are than even one of the tens. Thank you Joe for your quick response.

Ooops. triple post.

Hey guys, I have an 08 F150 supercrew with a JL Audio Stealthbox under the rear seat ( picked it up from CL for $50 ) It has a 10W6V1 in it at the moment and sounds ok. I am powering it with an Alpine mr-m500. My question is this. I have two of these 10W6 and have been toying with building a center console to house both. JL recommends a .65 ft3 per sub sealed which I could pull off in a console. Would two in a sealed box be better than a single in a ported enclosure? Also, would I need to use 3/4" mdf or would 1/2" work for these. They are rated at 300 watts rms. Thanks for your input!

What are the ported specs? I looked on JL's website and couldn't find any info. But here is what I do know.. YOU MUST use 3/4 mdf never use 1/2.

Second Buy 1 big amp and run them at 1.5 ohms. I would look in to the soundqubed 750 or 1200. (cheaper amps but really well built)

Also what sound are you looking for? Heavy bass sound quality or something that sounds good but also will get loud when you want it?

Depending on your back seat in your truck you could do a ported box under that for the 2 10's using a aero port and have it firing towards one of the doors. (what I would do IMO)

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

What are the ported specs? I looked on JL's website and couldn't find any info. But here is what I do know.. YOU MUST use 3/4 mdf never use 1/2.

Second Buy 1 big amp and run them at 1.5 ohms. I would look in to the soundqubed 750 or 1200. (cheaper amps but really well built)

Also what sound are you looking for? Heavy bass sound quality or something that sounds good but also will get loud when you want it?

Depending on your back seat in your truck you could do a ported box under that for the 2 10's using a aero port and have it firing towards one of the doors. (what I would do IMO)

1ft3 ported according to JL, not sure how I could squeeze 2ft3 plus displacement plus port under the back seat. I have a power acoustic a2400db I could use but thay may be a little too much power. Im just so limited on space, cant give up the back seat because the kids. If I could replicate the airspace and port of the JL stealthbox under the seat that would be nice but there are no box specs available. Im really wanting louder and more lows.

Take the stealth box out so you have a empty space and measure under your back seat.(LxWxH) and also if there is a hump there take a pic of it and tell us how far it is from each side of the seat. from there some one should be able to help you design an box ^_^.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Great that you got them reconed, now it just comes down to your preference and the space available.

Archived