Sundown Audio

Help Me Decide, 2 Amps @ 2 Ohm Or 1 At 1ohm.....

well all know my amps got stole last night so i need to re-purchase my amp,

i have 8 15s and all 8 are 1ohm or i can run 4 and have a 2ohm load, so my options are 2 2ohm stable amps with 4 15s per amp or one amp thats 1ohm stable with all 8 on it, im thinking the price range will be 500-700 final shipped and clipped...

i need at the very least 2400 watts rms @ 1ohm or 1200 rms at 2ohm (for the 2 amps at 2ohm..)

help me choose the best choice :rolleyes:

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

the gp amp is out of the question, i dont know anything about it, but looking at it and the name makes me instanly think of a lower line like poweracoustik......

i might consider the thor, but will keep my options open for a little more power....

whats the views on the lanzar opti drive 4000? i can get one of them for 500 from a buddie

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Get a Stetsom 7KD :D

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

crunch is made by maxxsonics which makes hifonics, mb quart, and autotek so who knows it might be worth a shot........ u ever thought about doing an amp for every two subs i only say this because at 200 a pop u could get hifonics bxi1206ds... at that price u could run 4 of em

1997 Dodge Ram 1500 extended cab

Build in progress... pics to come

pioneer deh-6700mp

Lightning Audio Bolt 6x9 3 ways

Memphis prcs 5 1/4 components

Cadence TXA-1000d amp

2x JLw3-10's dual 2 ohm... wired to 2 ohms

Wired by-0 gauge and 4 gauge

oh as far as the cruch

Ok guys, here it is. Depending on your battery set up this amp will make an ungodly amount of power. With a 12volt battery set up dropping to 11.5 volts the Crunch GP3000D Pro made 2850 watts at a 1.03 ohm reactive. That's 4 12volt batteries. If you can get the voltage up the amp will make much more. By just starting the car and using the high amp alternator (starting at 16.1 volts and dropping to 12.3volts), the 3000 made 3732 watts. That's crazy isn't it. THAT'S NOTHING! I hooked it up to a 16volt battery set up and it just went crazy! With the battery voltage dropping to 15.7 volts with a 1.4 ohm reactive this monster made 4640 usable watts. NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT!

http://audioforum.termpro.com/topic/20/13407/2.html

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER