Sundown Audio

Help Me Decide, 2 Amps @ 2 Ohm Or 1 At 1ohm.....

I know its on the upper end of your budget but heard great things about these amps..... I recently purchased a 1500 from Chris at db-r.com. Come with 1yr warranty.

http://www.db-r.com/sell/store/index.php?productID=146

Here is some testing done on this amp

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=7900

Just my .02

Rebuild coming soon

pretty sure in the thousands

Yeah the 7K's aren't cheap, but I bet one would make them subs jump.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

i can get a stestom for 1200 but thats too much power for me lol.... maybe if i could afford 8 more 15s and run 16 15s and run the amp at .6 ohms lol i could do it

so that ground pounder amp is a nasty amp? i can get 16 volts to it and let the voltage drop just like the quote...i might have to check into this for sure

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

i can get a stestom for 1200 but thats too much power for me lol.... maybe if i could afford 8 more 15s and run 16 15s and run the amp at .6 ohms lol i could do it

so that ground pounder amp is a nasty amp? i can get 16 volts to it and let the voltage drop just like the quote...i might have to check into this for sure

I don't understand what you mean by too much power. Please explain? :lol::lol::lol:

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I don't understand what you mean by too much power. Please explain? :lol::lol::lol:

lol my subs would hate me on a 7k...but my subs are only 250rms each and memphis said i can safely put a "clean" 500 watts rms to each so safely 4000, at 1 ohm lol or 4000 at 4 ohm...

so to everyone, its sounding like a stestom, *way over budget* or the gp3000?....do they make a gp4000? lol...it would be nice if they did, the 3 at 450 and the 4000 at 600-650...

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

with my new alt, i can do 15.5 idle (everything off) but i can also adjust it up to 18 as well.....

but im only running a 12v battery bank, BUT if my excessive alt comes in i will have an adjustable alt and a un adjustable, and i could get a 2v batt and make a 14v battery and have my adjustable alt, on that battery bank for just my sub amp and give it 16-17v and when im not playing the system for show revert it back to 12v