Sundown Audio

Stetsom Amps

jmsonoma03

Guest MegaloManiac

Could you please explain why these aren't good for daily?

I can see they are different from the others inside, but logic would also tell me there is different quality of parts out there as well.

I mean if all boards were the same with the same parts then why would we have so many companies?

Do all boards have to have this to produce that?

the fets are designed for 2500watts not 7000 watts. thats a shitload more power than they can handle really. the outbound stage will heat up bad and burn up eventually. In the long run i dont see the amp lasting.

I mentioned Sundown because it just goes to show that its a 1500 watt amp with quality parts, you wont see that sundown failing in the same way as that Stetsom might. Same can be said with the IA, RF, or any other

good amp that have been known to function fine daily, its not just Sundown, i was just picking one off the top of my head.

Do all amps have to have that to produce this? no, that amp is producing the power, but the question is for how long until it burns up?

the fets are designed for 2500watts not 7000 watts. thats a shitload more power than they can handle really. the outbound stage will heat up bad and burn up eventually. In the long run i dont see the amp lasting.

I mentioned Sundown because it just goes to show that its a 1500 watt amp with quality parts, you wont see that sundown failing in the same way as that Stetsom might. Same can be said with the IA, RF, or any other

good amp that have been known to function fine daily, its not just Sundown, i was just picking one off the top of my head.

Do all amps have to have that to produce this? no, that amp is producing the power, but the question is for how long until it burns up?

Ok that I can understand.

And I'm not trying to be an ass or anything but my knowledge of amp parts is minimal at best.

Are all FET's the same? or do they have better ones then others? Is there other components that could be used to off set the number used in a amp?

I don't know amps but I can tell you a few things about road sections, assembly, quality and quantity. All 3 of those would affect performance.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

i believe thats what the 7kd is...two 2kd's on one board...correct me if im wrong somebody...

I guess the 1st 7K's were 2 of the 2k6d's in one case strapped. Now the 7K's are one board from what I have been told.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I guess the 1st 7K's were 2 of the 2k6d's in one case strapped. Now the 7K's are one board from what I have been told.

I heard that as well.

I guess I'll see the new stuff when I'm down in daytona for SBN. :)

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

Qoute" The fact of the matter is that those ratings are pure bullshit just based off the components alone. If you try and pull a substantial amount of current through that board for any period of time, stuff will eventually fail."

Are you basing this of your personal experience with the 7K or just because you can't believe how amazing they work? There is plenty of people that tested the same thing on termpro because they couldn't believe it either but they became believers.. For the guy that started this thread and all the guys that are looking to buy these amps, I am talking through my personal experience with these amps and what i have done with them

Qoute"

But even if we skip over all the technical jargon, the most prominent voice of stetsom in the U.S., alan dante, is a complete f*cking asshole. That in and of itself would turn me away from buying anything that he endorses. And before you try to defend him in some way, I HAVE met him in person (twice) and my opinion of him did not change.

Doesn't this just prove KingSUV's point that all the hate is coming through personal experience with Alan.

2007 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 157.3Db

2008 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 158.8Db

2009 160db is my Goal!!!

Stetsom's West Coast Rep

Team Stetsom

year and half going strong so we know they last that long with DAILY!!!! use

i use it all day everyday

ill let you know in a couple more year if it burns up i doubt it tho :lol:

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

I heard that as well.

I guess I'll see the new stuff when I'm down in daytona for SBN. :)

Help a brotha out and do a little reporter work for me. :lol:

I would like to see who's using, with what and how.

i believe thats what the 7kd is...two 2kd's on one board...correct me if im wrong somebody...

you are right and you can strap that to another 7kd so thats 4 bords strapped

i have not played with the 2kd YET so not to sure on the functions

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived