Brake problem in a 97 Expedition

Here's my issue. I had a line break on the front pass. side at the caliper. I replaced it, bled all 4 and the peddle still goes to the floor. They build up pressure when it's off but as soon as you start it they go to the floor.

I'm thinking I might have to replace the master cylinder, but I thought I'd ask for your thoughts on this before I spend more money and time.

It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.

could be 100 things... cant E-Diagnosis this via internet. Good thing a M/C is only bout 30$. Id buy one anyways, its a 97, shes getting OLD!

I might have to invest in one. Hoping it's a mechanical problem but starting to think it might be the abs.

Yep shes old, a 97 with 180,000 on the clock but still going.

It's not the abs or your abs light would come on. Also you do know when bleeding the brakes, you should slowly give it 3 pumps and then bleed. You don't give it more or pump to hard because you will be introducing air. I know 2 yrs ago when i did a brake job on my truck. Due to having a broken hand i took it to the chevy dealership to have it bled twice and they still didn't do it right. So after cast was off, i bled the brakes (the right way) then went back to the dealership to get my damn money back.

truthsayer

It's not the abs or your abs light would come on. Also you do know when bleeding the brakes, you should slowly give it 3 pumps and then bleed. You don't give it more or pump to hard because you will be introducing air. I know 2 yrs ago when i did a brake job on my truck. Due to having a broken hand i took it to the chevy dealership to have it bled twice and they still didn't do it right. So after cast was off, i bled the brakes (the right way) then went back to the dealership to get my damn money back.

I never knew that. That could be my problem. Thanks bro, gonna give it go tomorrow.

Archived