89 C1500 Build log. 144 @ 28hz, loudest single cab w/o blowthru?

Try a single sub setup :)

lotta fun and more rewarding feeling when you're doing crazy shit off a single 10 or 12.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

If it was my truck, id go with some bucket seats (lucky for you the gmt400 series truck will exchange parts with a wide variety of cars) and a custom center conaole, maybe two tens, sundown makes those monster tens for $180 shipped.

Thats just me though.

Hell yea id drive that far, my car gets like 40mpg!

2003 Chevy blazer 4x2, it has a tape deck.

1999 Acura integra, whats a radio?

1983 kawasaki kl250R bobber, my phone is almost loud enough.

What all seats interchange with these trucks? Im lookong at seat options in mine cause my factory seat is faqed

These will be going in my truck soon. Corbeau's. I have then in my garage now. Also Corbeau makes a seat bracket for our trucks.

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/corbeau-sport-reclining-seat-grey-vinyl-cloth-pair-cor-90099.html

reclining-sport-seats-cor-90099-mc_6356.

Okay guys, thanks for all your input, I really appreciate it! It's kinda my mom's truck till I pay her for it, but when I convince her, I will be getting some bucket seats, the no nonsense racing style with the 5 point openings. I will then proceed to build a large ported box for either a very high power 15 or 18, what would you guys suggest for a single sub that can take all day demos and blow the doors off? I'm still on a budget, but I can save up, if I want it badly enough, I'll get it.

So there's a huge market out there for the 18" woofer there's PSI, DC lvl 6, Sound Quebed, Sundown Audio, EMF audio Ermagerd 18, DD 9518, DD9918, and all sorts of others.

So I'm wondering, which one would be the one for me? I would be playing the sub with almost double rated power, and really hard on the lows in a low tuned (30-27hz) ported box. I would likely match the sub to the enclosure I can build, and over power the sub using sundown amps, or maybe Hifonics Brutus amps. JP has abused his PSI subs for over 2 years, Steve has pounded for around the same time with his AA SMD 18s, and Sundowns are all the rage, so I'm kinda swimming in options here with no experience, so if you know for a fact that a certain 18 will push the lows super hard and survive, let me know so I can look it up. Or a 15, which ever. I just want a massive motor as an armrest when I'm cruising and beating the block down.

Knowledge is the greatest tool in any garage. It's also the most priceless, and most easily shared. icon_nuts.gif

Here's my latest build.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/181273-89-c1500-build-log/

Mounting depth and air space are the 2 biggest issues here. I know when i planed a build like that for my s10 i had all the room behind the seats for sub mounting nd a centwr consol laid out for more air space. I had it all drawn up but motor blew in the truck before i built it nd then i sold the truck. But you dont have to have a 15 to crush lows. I had some dc m2 lvl 2 8s that did damn good in a ported box with some power on em just keep ur options open. I do know that on the droppinhz webaite their selling bass packages 1k for 2 12's and a 3k amp

I kinda wanted this to be a surprise, but I'll go ahead and say it, I plan to build a two part enclosure, two halves that bolt together, one that uses all the airspace behind the seat made of tons of fiberglass, and the other half is the part that sits between the seats, and the sub will be inverse mounted between the seats as well, so mounting depth is not really an issue. Like I stated, the motor will be my armrest, sort of. The size of the DC level 6 motor would make the perfect armrest! attached to the back of the seats, that's where the amps will be, and the batteries will be where ever else I can cram them, I might just relocate the fuel tank to where the spare is, get one of those cool aluminum race tanks, and have several bats in the old tanks' spot.

It's all just a daydream right now, but if things start looking up, I'll do it!

Knowledge is the greatest tool in any garage. It's also the most priceless, and most easily shared. icon_nuts.gif

Here's my latest build.

Id do bucket seats and tie the center consol in with the box behind the seat for airspace

Yeah I've been thinking about that for some time now, a two part box that bolts together.

Try a single sub setup :)

lotta fun and more rewarding feeling when you're doing crazy shit off a single 10 or 12.

Yeah I've seen a few videos of some awesome flex from a single 12". so I'm gonna get a 15" or 18" and break stuff!

If it was my truck, id go with some bucket seats (lucky for you the gmt400 series truck will exchange parts with a wide variety of cars) and a custom center conaole, maybe two tens, sundown makes those monster tens for $180 shipped.

Thats just me though.

Hell yea id drive that far, my car gets like 40mpg!

Heh, that's awesome! Yeah I need a cup holder, bad! the factory dents that are supposed to be holders are like 1cm deep, horrible! And they're in the glove box on top of that!

I like your avatar, it looks like some one saying "DUUUMMMMBBBBAAAASSSSSSS....."

What all seats interchange with these trucks? Im lookong at seat options in mine cause my factory seat is faqed

We have the same question, I've looked at seats but the mounting adapter is the confusing part. Any input guys?

These will be going in my truck soon. Corbeau's. I have then in my garage now. Also Corbeau makes a seat bracket for our trucks.

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/corbeau-sport-reclining-seat-grey-vinyl-cloth-pair-cor-90099.html

reclining-sport-seats-cor-90099-mc_6356.

Sorry, those are way outta my price range, 600$ for two seats? I found a rigid racing bucket style pair for 150$ on Ebay, I might get those.

These might work as well, they have the recline and slide, don't match color wise, but I plan on changing it all anyway.

Anyone think these are crap? I don't want to buy some seats and have them so poorly made I can't use them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-SP-Type-Suede-PVC-Leather-JDM-Blk-Grey-Reclinable-Racing-Seats-Sliders-14-/390632962071?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5af389f817&vxp=mtr

I won't run SOTM this month because my friend is literally buying ALL the speakers out of my truck! So I will have a fresh clean slate, and some fucking legroom finally!

I'll get me some money, go to buckets, and build me a new box that'll crush the lows! In the meantime, I want to have a small single 12 back there, something cheap and D2 VC, so I can still run the demon at 1 ohm, see how that does! Plus, having no bass is kinda like having no air, I need da bass!

Here's my latest build.

Archived