wiring front to back help please?

k so if I run 3 0 gauge wires to the back for power will I need to run the same amount of 0 gauge to the back for the negative side? I seen a video of a person doing one of each to the back just wondering if I do it that way will it do anything or 1 will be good? or just do 1 and bus bar the thing in a spot and pull 3 negative from there to the battery? little help?

by this just talking about the negative = the same as the positive wire running down to my battery in the back. to my eyes I think 1 negative wire will do the trick from front battery to back with 3 positive wires but that's coming from a rookie so just like to see if anyone here has a better idea or something to place a better flow of power.

u need equal amount of positive and negative wires going front to back. what type of car are you doing it in?

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

If you have a rear battery bank it's best to have equal runs of negative and positive wires and then have a very good frame/body ground from only the last battery in the bank. The reason for this is so that you get as much charge current as possible to all of the batteries.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

k so I would need 3 lines each for negative and positive for this to work out? thought it would be the same with one since the fact there is no power running throw it. still don't get it but if it gives more power then why not. only thing I question is can I cheap out the negative with cca and use ofc for positive or bad idea?

There is power running through the ground side of the circuit.

As I mentioned before, you only need to run negatives if you have a rear battery bank and that's for getting enough charge current to the rear batteries. You still need to gound to the frame/body in order that you ensure a low resistance path for the charge current. Otherwise, the rear batteries won't charge as well as the front and, they might not even get sufficient charge current.

And regarding the use of CCA on the ground... your electrical system, all the way from the alternator positive post through the power wires and amps and back through the negative cables and/or frame and back to the case of the alternator can be looked at as if it were one long chain. And your entire power chain will suffer from any added resistance, regardless of whether that resistance is on the positive or negative side of the circuit.

With that said, your frame/body may have low enough resistance to overcome the added resistance of the CCA cable and the two Tonys' video above kinda demonstrates that. But no one can tell you a definitive yes or no to that question without putting a meter on your vehicle.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Archived