LOUD sq?

SnowDrifter

Every time I've heard a true SQ setup, I've fallen in love. Sounds so smooth, so perfect. I really want my car to sound like that.

BUT... I also know that a big portion of SQ is staging. That being said, is it even possible/practical to achieve a real SQ setup, with 3-4 6.5s per door, enough to keep up with a pair of 18s? And I do mean SQ, going beyond just "sounds good"

And the substage, can this even be done with 18s? Or is it practical to turn those off and run off midbass alone?

I have always heard that less is better when it comes to SQ. Not too sure about the midsbass or running the substage. skittlesrgood did a 150+ with a good score in SQ, but not too sure how it sounded at full tilt

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

It's possible but is hard to get. It's a lot of speaker positioning, tuning, box designing, and money to afford redoing doors, pillars, kicks, and boxes to get it all right. Would need a nice processor to time align with a nice eq. Active would be the best choice. Time on an rta.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I would most likely do something like 4 tweets, 4 6.5 and 2 8s for the lower midbass. Flat response for the sub box with a low to mid 30hz tuning, maybe adjustable/changable port.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived