2009 Nissan Maxima: Nexus 7 in Dash, Pioneer, Alpine, LEDs

Got my second harness body filled and plasti dipped. I had to go to work before I could take pics this morning. I also completed part of my tablet mount.

IMAG0866-L.jpg

Fits like a glove. Time for some measuring.

IMAG0865-L.jpg

2009 Nissan Maxima SV Super Black KH3
  • Hardwired Beltronics 955 Radar
  • Pioneer DEH-M9400BH with Stock Bose Speakers
  • Custom fiberglass HVAC display
  • Nexus 7 Tablet w/ Custom Fiberglassed Magnet dock
  • KnuKonceptz Big 3 and wiring
  • 2 Alpine Type E 10's with Alpine MRP-M500

Build Log HERE

Got the other dash kit made. I like this one a lot better. I personally like the square look better than the round. Case should be here by Tuesday but we are expected to get like 30 inches of snow next week so I don't know when other stuff will be rolling in. I got the sub stage ordered and I'm battling myself on whether to build a double side trunk fiberglass sealed or a ported cabin facing box. The subs are cheap and are recommended for a sealed enclosure. I told myself when I bought this car that I will not need a sub stage and I was over it. A month in and I just cannot stand not having bass. The stock speakers do what they can but it's not the same. Here is what I have left.

• Nexus 7 Mount in place of stock Monochrome screen
  • Interior lighting replaced with LED's (ordered just don't know when they will get here)
  • Sub Stage (either ported front firing box or sealed fiberglass enclosures)
  • Amp Install on rear deck with 4 Ga Knu left over from old car
  • Sound deaden trunk and rear deck
  • Big 3 with 4ga Knu I have left over from old car
  • Spoiler and splash guard install (this requires ordering a new rear deck to get rid of the high mounted third brake light)
  • Get rear window retinted and install window deflectors

IMAG0887-L.jpg

IMAG0888-L.jpg

IMAG0889-L.jpg

Build Log HERE

Nice job buddy!

Case should be here tomorrow. Got all the interior lights changed out to LEDs. Was an idiot and didn't take a before picture but I love the bright white lighting. Also planning on doing headlight and fog HID upgrades but that will have to wait until spring because in order to remove the headlights, you have to remove the front fascia.

Build Log HERE

Case arrived today and I was working from home because of the snow storm. Gotta respect the USPS for fighting through this winter.

Got the mount glued together and reinforced with more fiberglass.

IMAG0892-L.jpg

Doing some test fitting.

IMAG0893-L.jpg

Second sub arrived today. She wasn't to amused by the whole situation. Ended up being the wrong sub. They sent me a different one without me knowing. Trying to find a second Alpine SWE-1043. They don't make them anymore so I might have to go used on Ebay.

IMAG0894-L.jpg

Got the magnets countersunk using a special bit (can't remember the name) and some 5min epoxy

IMAG0895-L.jpg

Also got the case lined up and magnets countersunk in the back of the case. This took me probably a half an hour using hot glue and velcro getting everything temp lined up until I could mark off where the magnets go. It looks like a mess of epoxy but everything got sanded and cleaned up.

IMAG0896-L.jpg

And here is is mounted up. I still need to find a Kernel option to keep the brightness consistent when plugged in. If nothing is touched on the tablet for like 30 seconds, the screen starts to get dim even though I have tasker set up to control the brightness. I also need to look into a way to mount the internal storage over Wifi because I failed to install an OTG charging cable, not to mention, in order to keep everything stock, I really have nowhere to mount a USB port. Also the size of the screen is just a little too big so I had to decide whether to be able to see the home buttons or the status bar. I used a program call PIE Controls so I can get the Home buttons by swiping up from the bottom and still have access to the status bar.

IMAG0897-L.jpg

I will get a better picture and some videos when it gets light out.

Build Log HERE

There's a brightness app I used for mine. Once I get my tablet working I'll shoot you the link.

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

There's a brightness app I used for mine. Once I get my tablet working I'll shoot you the link.

I heard it can be done through Tasker. Would hate to use up resources by downloading another app. The dimming is directly related to the screen timeout so I might be able to set screen timeout to a ridiculous amount of time and see if that will work. Although the screen timeout function is really on and off with Tasker. Have to wait until tomorrow.

Build Log HERE

Archived