2009 Nissan Maxima: Nexus 7 in Dash, Pioneer, Alpine, LEDs

looks pretty good. How are you going to link to your sub stage using the tablet etc?

Everything runs through bluetooth through the head unit. The sub stage will simply just be added to the Pioneer deck. I really want to be able to use my phone through the tablet so I can reject and accept calls from my tablet. Need to do some thorough testing on the daisy chaining capability of bluetooth. Basically I want it set up like this.

Phone to Tablet Bluetooth connection - Phone Only - Allows me to answer calls and check messages on the tablet.

Tablet to Pioneer Bluetooth connection - Media and Phone - Allows me to utilize the bluetooth mic from the pioneer for phone calls and also allows me to stream music. I've also found it very hard to get the Google Home experience working. I've gone into Google Now settings and made sure I enabled search through bluetooth headset. I've made sure I am connected to the internet either through my home or my phone tethering. I want to be able to just say "OK Google" at any time and Google search will come up, allowing me to voice search through bluetooth mic. I basically want the Pioneer to act as bluetooth headphones with call capability. If anyone had any experience with this please help me out.

Right Now I just have the tablet set up as Media only with the Pioneer and my phone set up as Phone through the Pioneer. Gonna do some testing today.

2009 Nissan Maxima SV Super Black KH3
  • Hardwired Beltronics 955 Radar
  • Pioneer DEH-M9400BH with Stock Bose Speakers
  • Custom fiberglass HVAC display
  • Nexus 7 Tablet w/ Custom Fiberglassed Magnet dock
  • KnuKonceptz Big 3 and wiring
  • 2 Alpine Type E 10's with Alpine MRP-M500

Build Log HERE

http://mehrvarz.github.io/nexus-7-usbrom/

I am currently doing a nexus 7 install in my scion xb. This rom only works for the first gen in case anyone sees this thread and has the second gen. It's an amazing rom to use with an otg cable to be able to charge and get usb audio out. I will be running usb out to a behringer dac to toslink cable to 360.3.

Also for nav check out waze. It works for me and I live out in bfe on the oregon coast.

Team B2

2008 scion xb bagged on 18's plastidipped matte black

4 18" b2 xc's pushed by 4 b2 m1s at .5 each

8 b2 hn6's and 2 b2 hntt's powered by 2 b2 quattros.

157.7 sealed so far.

Everything runs through bluetooth through the head unit. The sub stage will simply just be added to the Pioneer deck. I really want to be able to use my phone through the tablet so I can reject and accept calls from my tablet. Need to do some thorough testing on the daisy chaining capability of bluetooth. Basically I want it set up like this.

Phone to Tablet Bluetooth connection - Phone Only - Allows me to answer calls and check messages on the tablet.

Tablet to Pioneer Bluetooth connection - Media and Phone - Allows me to utilize the bluetooth mic from the pioneer for phone calls and also allows me to stream music. I've also found it very hard to get the Google Home experience working. I've gone into Google Now settings and made sure I enabled search through bluetooth headset. I've made sure I am connected to the internet either through my home or my phone tethering. I want to be able to just say "OK Google" at any time and Google search will come up, allowing me to voice search through bluetooth mic. I basically want the Pioneer to act as bluetooth headphones with call capability. If anyone had any experience with this please help me out.

Doesn't the Nexus 7 have a magnetic sensor that works with magnetic covers that automatically wake when you open the cover? Maybe the mounting magnets are triggering that sensor to think it's "closed".

super clean man

2010 Mazda 3

*Rebuild Time*

Subs - (2) AA Mayhems 12's
Sub amp - (1) Populus Audio TPA 6500
Headunit - Pioneer App Radio 2

Batteries - XS Power (1) D3100 up front | 6 XP950 rear

Wire - Sky High 1/0 Gauge wires and RCA's and steve's VM1

Alternator - Singer 260 Externally Regulated

Front Stage: (2) PRV Audio 10W650A (4) PRV Audio 8MR500-PhP-4 (4) DS Bullet Tweets | (2) 6.5 Components (Rear doors)

Mids & high Amp : (2) Populus Audio 100.4

Processor: Rockford 3sixty.3

The Build Log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/175922-2010-mazda-3-2-aa-mayhems-12-pg14-new-video/page-11

flakosignature1-1_zps0751010a.png

interested to hear what you find out. That would be cool.

I found this great app called Tablet Talk. Basically, you connect your tablet and phone together through Bluetooth or Wifi, and you can view send SMS and MMS as well as make and answer calls all from inside the app. It has a whole bunch of automatic settings so I have it automatically turn on the app when bluetooth is turned on. Really worth checking out. It costs about $1.99 but I found the .apk online somewhere just to test it. I just wish I could figure out how to get voice typing to working through bluetooth. So what I've done is connect the Tablet to the head unit as just a media device. Then I've gone into settings on the tablet and selected Use Table to Answer and Make Calls. Then I've connected my phone through bluetooth as just a phone to the head unit. The app sees the pioneer as a set of bluetooth headphones and allows you to use the bluetooth mic on the head unit. So basically the tablet is just a medium to control your SMS, MMS and Phone Calls from you phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apdroid.tabtalk&hl=en

I now have everything set up on the tablet perfectly to turn on and off with the car. I just need to invest in some NFC tags in order to automate my phone process of turning on bluetooth (tablet talk has a setting to automatically turn on and connect when bluetooth is turned on) and Wifi Tether when i get in the car. I just have to be careful about having the SMS/MMS popup with ladies in the car :unsure: . Might end up shooting myself in the foot.

Doesn't the Nexus 7 have a magnetic sensor that works with magnetic covers that automatically wake when you open the cover? Maybe the mounting magnets are triggering that sensor to think it's "closed".

Yes it does but the magnet is on the front right edge of the device and I've tested it thoroughly. It honestly has no effect on how the device turns on and off and the dimming of the screen. It is just something Google has built into Android 4.2+. The dimming is directly correlated to the Screen Timeout (sleep) duration you have selected in your display settings.

http://mehrvarz.github.io/nexus-7-usbrom/

I am currently doing a nexus 7 install in my scion xb. This rom only works for the first gen in case anyone sees this thread and has the second gen. It's an amazing rom to use with an otg cable to be able to charge and get usb audio out. I will be running usb out to a behringer dac to toslink cable to 360.3.

Also for nav check out waze. It works for me and I live out in bfe on the oregon coast.

I hated Waze so much. I don't like all the social feed nonsense. I just downloaded Navigon for free somewhere. Uses Garmin software. They wanted $59 for it on Google Play. I really wish I had the money to do an optical out but the audio system I'm working with really doesn't need it. Should be an awesome build. I'm really familiar with Rom's and Kernels, but for my purpose, I am just using stock rooted with some tweaks. I'm not running OTG as I found a great way to transfer files over wifi. Basically I can just pull my car up in my driveway, take my laptop out to my car, and transfer files over my router inside my house. The app is called Wifi Transfer Pro. Let me know if anybody has any software questions with Tasker or anything else. Soundman car audio did a really cool episode about keeping your steering wheel controls while using a tablet as a head unit (and removing your head unit all together). It's called a SteerBlue by NAV-TV. Might was to look into it.

2009 Nissan Maxima SV Super Black KH3
  • Hardwired Beltronics 955 Radar
  • Pioneer DEH-M9400BH with Stock Bose Speakers
  • Custom fiberglass HVAC display
  • Nexus 7 Tablet w/ Custom Fiberglassed Magnet dock
  • KnuKonceptz Big 3 and wiring
  • 2 Alpine Type E 10's with Alpine MRP-M500

Build Log HERE

Google navigation is the shot

App for android

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box