2009 Nissan Maxima: Nexus 7 in Dash, Pioneer, Alpine, LEDs

Google navigation is the shot

App for android

I love Google maps as well but Google has completely removed the downloading of navigation maps to the memory so you basically need an internet connection to use maps. I can always tether from my phone for free (joys of being rooted) but what if I am out of service. I've done a lot of research and apparently google has eliminated the ability to use google now or google search with bluetooth. You can basically initiate it using certain apps and the bluetooth button on the deck but once it is up, it will not listen through bluetooth. Extra garbage. Hopefully it will change soon. The one thing Siri can do that I desperately need.

2009 Nissan Maxima SV Super Black KH3
  • Hardwired Beltronics 955 Radar
  • Pioneer DEH-M9400BH with Stock Bose Speakers
  • Custom fiberglass HVAC display
  • Nexus 7 Tablet w/ Custom Fiberglassed Magnet dock
  • KnuKonceptz Big 3 and wiring
  • 2 Alpine Type E 10's with Alpine MRP-M500

Build Log HERE

hmm checked out that steer blue unit, its 300 bucks or at least that was the msrp. You can get a joycon controller for steering wheel controls for 60-80 bucks if your car has the buttons installed already.

Havent actually tried waze yet as the tablet hasnt been installed yet. Did download sygic to see what it looked like but then they wanted like 60 bucks.

There is a way to download navigation from google maps. but only for the route you want, so if you had to return or go somewhere else youd be sol.

Team B2

2008 scion xb bagged on 18's plastidipped matte black

4 18" b2 xc's pushed by 4 b2 m1s at .5 each

8 b2 hn6's and 2 b2 hntt's powered by 2 b2 quattros.

157.7 sealed so far.

So how did you wire in the Pioneer using the stock Bose system. I know there is a harness for the car, but does that also work with the Bose amp?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390670143977?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

You need a cd player with front and rear pre outs on the back. My Pioneer deck has 3 sets of 4V pre amp outs.

Build Log HERE

this install is def dope good work man

Appreciate it man. Sorry for the lack of pictures but there is really nothing to do at the moment when it's negative 5 degrees outside. I should be starting the sub stage soon. Got my amp and sub in the mail. Just debating on whether I want to order mdf rings from somebody for around $15 or try to do it myself with a jigsaw. I don't have a router but I may go ask my neighbor. The guy does custom cabinets for the super rich and has amazing wood skills. I just hate asking people to do things outside of work. I know how to use a router but he could probably do it in 10 minutes.

Anyways, I'm thinking it has to warm up to around 50 degrees before fiberglass is even worth doing but it is the path I am going down. Quick questions if anyone can answer for me. I'm looking for fiberglass mat around here and the only place I found it was at Autozone and it's really frayed up bondo stuff (19oz). Really expensive for what it is and the quantity. I would order online but I really don't know what to use. Recently I've been using regular bondo fiberglass cloth. However, I redid my entire bathroom this summer and I have a bunch of Fibafuse drywall tape left over.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/FibaTape-FibaFuse-2-in-x-250-ft-Paperless-Drywall-Joint-Tape-FDW8562-U/203154307

http://www.sg-adfors.com/Brands/FibaTape/FibaFuseDrywallTape

I'm wondering if I can use this as chop mat because it's dirt cheap and feels exactly like the bondo chop mat only smoother and easier to lay. I might do some testing and get back about it. It does work really well with floating drywall as well if anybody wants to know. Highly recommend it.

I need to order some things as well such as a spoiler new back shelf, and some sound deadening. Basically I'm going to be installing the amp under the back deck but I really only want to take apart the trunk and back seats once. Anyways updates should be coming soon.

Build Log HERE

Well I came home today and was bored so I went and grabbed some old mdf from my shed. I decided to get some work started the sub stage. Always good to have extra mdf laying around.

Here is another nights shot

IMAG0900-L.jpg

Getting the outline

IMAG0001-L.jpg

My trusty old Craftsman my grandfather game me when he moved out of his house. No idea what year it was made. Thing is heavier than my Winchester 870 Express. It even has an individually made number. Things just aren't made the way they used to be.

IMAG0002-L.jpg

IMAG0005-L.jpg

IMAG0006-L.jpg

I'm so glad I double checked because both sides were different and I was just going to flip the one around and use it as a stencil on the other side.

IMAG0008-L.jpg

Fits like a glove

IMAG0010-L.jpg

IMAG0009-L.jpg

Also made some rings with a non scrolling blade. Not the best looking things but they work really well and I'm not paying $15 for mdf rings.

IMAG0011-L.jpg

Build Log HERE

Ended up getting some work done because it warmed up to 40 degrees. Got the ground part of the big three done and ended up swapping out batteries with my old Maxima. It was brand new and the current one in the black max was from the factory. The ground system for this car is all under the battery tray so I had to remove that. The ground from battery the frame and the frame to the engine block are crimped in parallel with a side mounted tab. Really weird but made for an easy grounding. Just had to remove a bunch of stuff because these Japanese cars pack everything in tight. I found a run of 4 gauge in my basement and soldered some ring terminals on. Grinded down the spot to bare metal and then spray painted with engine enamel. Next I just have to find the alternator on this thing.

IMAG0022-XL.jpg

IMAG0021-L.jpg

IMAG0023-L.jpg

IMAG0024-L.jpg

IMAG0025-L.jpg

Can't wait till this winter is over so I can clean out that engine bay.

Build Log HERE

Ended up getting some work done because it warmed up to 40 degrees. Got the ground part of the big three done and ended up swapping out batteries with my old Maxima. It was brand new and the current one in the black max was from the factory. The ground system for this car is all under the battery tray so I had to remove that. The ground from battery the frame and the frame to the engine block are crimped in parallel with a side mounted tab. Really weird but made for an easy grounding. Just had to remove a bunch of stuff because these Japanese cars pack everything in tight. I found a run of 4 gauge in my basement and soldered some ring terminals on. Grinded down the spot to bare metal and then spray painted with engine enamel. Next I just have to find the alternator on this thing.

Can't wait till this winter is over so I can clean out that engine bay.

That side mounted tab is called a flag terminal, I have one too on my Altima. I am going to do what you did, 2 separate cables. Here is something else I wanted to share with you, since you have a Nissan. On the positive terminal, we have that OEM plastic harness thing that contains the Alt fuse, etc. I was thinking of ways to attach new cables, and I came up with this.

DSC08012_zps2e21552b.jpg

I'm gonna mount it like this. I'm gonna take off the nut that's there, slide this on, and tighten it down. What do you think?

20130917-00058_sm_zps2bd33e40.jpg

Archived