SQ help

bmxer13

hey guys im starting to plan out a sq build for my 2008 vw jetta. I have some what narrowed down which components I want to use to rainbow. ive read good things about them so that's why ive decided to run them. Are there any other brands you guys recommend? I just have a few questions about starting out.

1. I would like to run a carputer. If I do run one will I need to run a DSP to get all the alignment settings or is there a program for a computer to use?

2. If any of you have seen a mkv vw door youd know that the midbass is firing into the rear of the seat. Could I install say a 6.5 or and 8" midbass in the front of the door along with the rear 6.5 to bring more music to the front of the door or will it throw the balance off to much?

any info would be great and any critiquing would be awesome to.

Don't know about the carputer but I have always liked focal and mb quart mids and highs although they can be expensive. There are other brands that have great speakers but I don't have the knowledge to say about other companies.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

linear power has the best sounding speakers and amps that i have heard. the speakers can take a hell of a beating.

1. I would like to run a carputer. If I do run one will I need to run a DSP to get all the alignment settings or is there a program for a computer to use?

2. If any of you have seen a mkv vw door youd know that the midbass is firing into the rear of the seat. Could I install say a 6.5 or and 8" midbass in the front of the door along with the rear 6.5 to bring more music to the front of the door or will it throw the balance off to much?

1. You carputer should be able to take care of everything you need ...

2. whatever you install ... you should be able to time align it.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Hertz and Audison speakers sound really good too. I have Hertz Hi Energy 3 ways and I love them; couldn't see myself spending double the money for the mille (but I just recently heard them in a car and wish I did haha)

I've also got to listen to a full Audison Voce system with a Bit One and it was stunning to say the least (without being fully done and tuned)

Good luck on the system with whatever route you end up taking!

linear power has the best sounding speakers and amps that i have heard. the speakers can take a hell of a beating.

:foshizzle:

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

www.linearpower.com

Please tell Ray that Cablguy sent you from SMD ...

Archived