*SOLVED* *Im happy as balls*CANNOT get wire into my doors...last straw before i'm done....any help? *pictures top of page 4* and first post.

trying to run 1 12 gauge strand into my doors.

i modified the molex plug so the wire fits through and thats all fine and dandy, but i can fish the wire through the cabin and through the grommet. The grommet is tucked up under the dash and i can even stick a finger through it, hell not even a needle. Its so tightly packed that onnly the couple of 18 gauge wires for the door fit through. I tired drilling a second hole through it, but even that is just mad hard.

Any suggestions? Ive broken so much shot trying to get my doors speakers installed and still no results so as you can imagine its frustrating.

How smart would it be to use the factory wiring and then just run some 12 gauge from behind the headunit to the amp for the doors? Factory is 18 gauge wire. the runs would be 18 gauge from doors to headunit then from headunit ack it be the 12 gauge.

I feel like that may burn up the wires trying to run 75-100 wrms through an 18 gauge wire....

HELP

shows thcickness of metal the grommet goes through

300qzkp.jpg

thats how much finger i can get through it through the jam

358cff9.jpg

buried grommet

veb4zo.jpg

grommet ie behind all this shit

de00g2.jpg

Picture of hole under the dash. looks tightly wrapped.

2ccxhti.jpg

Shows the black hose and how i cut it to get more room and to feed the wire...didnt help.

2ylkx7q.jpg

trying to run 1 12 gauge strand into my doors.

i cant even stick a finger through it, hell not even a needle. Its so tightly packed that onnly the couple of 18 gauge wires for the door fit through. I tired drilling a second hole through it, but even that is just mad hard.

Any suggestions?

stick with drilling the hole bigger, how hard could it really be

there is no hole to be made bigger without taking the door off. i cant drill a hole . period. The drill bit dont even reach even with the extendo clip on

Is there another hole with a grommet going into the car?

If there is one, you can poke a hole in it and slip the wire through that and get to the door, or you could poke a hole in the loom going to the door and feed it through that sealing everything up afterwards.

EDIT: Go out through the grommet and into the loom through a small hole next to the body so as there is very little wire showing.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Get a long zip tie and a flash light I have a 36 inch zip tie in use for stuff like this. May want to pull the seats in order to see. If you have it through the grommet and mole plug you're almost there. What's probably happening is the opening isn't straight into the car and passes through a double layer with one hole offset from the other.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Can you see the grommet?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Get a long zip tie and a flash light I have a 36 inch zip tie in use for stuff like this. May want to pull the seats in order to see. If you have it through the grommet and mole plug you're almost there. What's probably happening is the opening isn't straight into the car and passes through a double layer with one hole offset from the other.

this literally describes it perfectly. I tired jamming a pointy object straight through it but it doesnt come out the other side , hell it doesnt even go through it. Its ridiculous. I feel the door needs to come off in order to MAYBE get this done.

Bright light and wedge under the dash. Pull as much body panels as possible in that area. Door weather stripping you name it. Don't use anything sharp or hard because you can tear wires. If you get desperate start poking the zip tie against the metal and feel and listen to where it's at. It can be done

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Archived