hammiethebasshead Posted January 21, 2014 Report Posted January 21, 2014 I love the little things I've had quite a few 1/8 scale buggies and a couple 1/10 on-road cars and they are tons of fun and haul some serious butt. I was just wondering if anyone else on here was into them and what they had. I currently have an hpi rs4 3 evo+ and an old rs4 belt driven. evo is the one that gets played with and the original rs4 is going to get some nice shiny aluminum parts in place of all the plastic and become a shelf queen once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem. You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.
Turboelky Posted January 21, 2014 Report Posted January 21, 2014 I still mess with the RC car stuff. I have a Revo 3.3 Picco .26maxx motor, Forward only conversion, THS tuned pipe. Thing screams. Just busted a servo and an upper front A arm. gotta get some new parts. My son wants an E-revo 1/16 scale. Those little things are MONSTERS!! I prefer the nitro cars because I'm a tinkerer, but the electric now days are KICKING ASS!!!
tacomaguy1 Posted January 21, 2014 Report Posted January 21, 2014 I got into a 1/8th brushless truggy for a while Lots of fun just got tired of it Team Flex Issues
basshead7890 Posted January 21, 2014 Report Posted January 21, 2014 I had a Hpi savage x a couple years ago My Build Log 95 Honda Accord Nook HD+ tablet Team Ascendant Audio 18" 2 Skar Audio SK-2500.1D Crescendo Audio C1100.4 2006 Civic, Fi SP4 12", bc3500 Build log
Turboelky Posted January 21, 2014 Report Posted January 21, 2014 I got into a 1/8th brushless truggy for a while Lots of fun just got tired of it That's how it happens. I put mine away for a year. Took it out to clean up and sell for practically what the engine cost, and decided it was tooooo bad ass to sell. Then I drove it till I broke it.. Plan on repairing and keep riding!!!
hammiethebasshead Posted January 21, 2014 Author Report Posted January 21, 2014 i plan on getting another 1/8 buggy as soon as i can get some money cleared up (got a speeding ticket to pay and some other assorted stuff) ill probably get either a losi eight or another rd logics sho. i have had a couple of the sho's and those little things take a beating and beg for more plus they come from the factory with all kinds of upgraded parts all they need is a good .26 or .28 engine instead of the factory .21 which is kind of lacking compared once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem. You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.
S15_Silvia Posted January 21, 2014 Report Posted January 21, 2014 I still have my HPI Savage 25...it's just sitting collecting dust because no one will buy it. I got out of RC because of how big of a hole it was burning in my pocket. Car audio does the same, but I get a lot more enjoyment out of it. 2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix | On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said: 3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man. My feedback thread
Brandonrcm Posted January 21, 2014 Report Posted January 21, 2014 Not into nitros... Did those years ago. Right now I'm big into the electrics, I got a Stampede 4x4 with an 1/8th scale power system in it, a stock slash platinum, and building a Mamba monste d8t(e) truggy...
hammiethebasshead Posted January 21, 2014 Author Report Posted January 21, 2014 ive never been real big into electrics. i mean they are a bit simpler and there aren't as many adjustments but it seems like you have to be alot more careful not to get them wet and i always forget to charge batteries, none of my helicopters ever have a charge when i go to fly them and its a pain waiting on them to charge once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem. You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.
Brandonrcm Posted January 21, 2014 Report Posted January 21, 2014 All my cars are waterproof. I buy water proof electronics or waterproof them with corrosion X. I have TONS of lips so I never worry about charged or not I drive them 2-4 times a week in the spring/summer so I always charge then when I'm not using
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.