ROLEXrifleman Posted January 21, 2014 Report Posted January 21, 2014 Is it still "the rule" that the passive x-over be placed as near to the mid and tweet as possible? I wanna know if I can trunk the passives on the components I have with no ill effect. TIA Rolex you sicken me. Just let me finish my pie ~ Juice
Keith77 Posted January 21, 2014 Report Posted January 21, 2014 If im not mistaken you can put them where ever you want. Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born. My penis is bigger than your penis I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.
White Lightning Posted January 21, 2014 Report Posted January 21, 2014 It is best to have them as close to the drivers as possible ... However ... You should be able to install them near the amplifiers and it work fine. Just won't have as much dynamics as you would with them near the drivers ... There is more explaining this ... Just to hard to type on this shitty Blackberry ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
ROLEXrifleman Posted January 21, 2014 Author Report Posted January 21, 2014 I don't know where I read it (back in the early 90's) but somewhere it said something about putting them as close to the speakers as possible Rolex you sicken me. Just let me finish my pie ~ Juice
Keith77 Posted January 21, 2014 Report Posted January 21, 2014 I would listen to Cable Guy.. Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born. My penis is bigger than your penis I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.
Stephen13 Posted January 21, 2014 Report Posted January 21, 2014 I think you can place them pretty much anywhere you want. A lot of people like to display them as part of their installation. I've seen them as far away as the hatch area on front door speakers. The key word being I've "seen", not heard. 2011 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3L 4x4 Ext.-cab "Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think."
White Lightning Posted January 21, 2014 Report Posted January 21, 2014 I don't know where I read it (back in the early 90's) but somewhere it said something about putting them as close to the speakers as possibleIts always best that the less cable (speaker wire) you have between the passives and the drivers the better ...Installing them with the amp rack will work for installation purposes, but I highly suggest installing them as close to the components as possible for best performance ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
White Lightning Posted January 21, 2014 Report Posted January 21, 2014 I have less than 18 inches of speaker wire between my passives and drivers ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
ROLEXrifleman Posted January 21, 2014 Author Report Posted January 21, 2014 Being that we come from the same background in the cable industry... are we following the same basic principles with line loss etc and would increasing the speaker wire length from the x-overs from 4 feet to say 12 feet make that big a difference? it's not like we are trying to keep a 7db tilt over 500 feet of RG6 ( cable term most of you may not get) Rolex you sicken me. Just let me finish my pie ~ Juice
trumpet1 Posted January 23, 2014 Report Posted January 23, 2014 Keep them away from known sources of RF interference. The inductors will easily take on radiated noise, and you will hear it through the speakers. The length of your speaker wires between the passives and the speakers is a non-issue. You have bigger problems than a few extra feet of speaker wire if that causes any audible differences.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.