Afficionado Posted January 23, 2014 Report Posted January 23, 2014 no surprise here. good vid. If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.
Pro7 Posted January 23, 2014 Report Posted January 23, 2014 Yeah that just sold me on the amm-1, can you pm me about the price of one please I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before
Wicks Posted January 23, 2014 Report Posted January 23, 2014 Hmmmmm The Dyno is your load and it's resistive. Therefore you should have gotten the same results from both clamping and the AMM1...technically. The Dyno keeps the voltage and current in phase so the clamping method should work in this case. As far as efficiency, you're measuring the output of the amp in both tests so no efficiency needs to be taken into account unless you start looking at input power to the amp. This post sent with 100% recycled electrons. 2004 BMW M3Mechman 280A 2 - XS Power XP30001 - XS Power D375 500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F) iPadMini2Dash mounted O-scopeAudison bitOne (Remote DRC MP) Highs Amp - PPI Art A404 Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...) DC Audio DC9.0K 2- DC Audio XL12m2LEGAL - 147.3dB @ 41Hz OUTLAW - 150.2dB @ 45Hz OUTLAW - 145.7dB @ 30Hz JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER 2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER SOTM BUILD:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026
Pro7 Posted January 23, 2014 Report Posted January 23, 2014 Hmm that is a good point. The amp dyno should keep the power in phase. So that's interesting how clamping was still off I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before
CJ18 Posted January 23, 2014 Author Report Posted January 23, 2014 I am going to play with this a little more after dinner.
Afficionado Posted January 23, 2014 Report Posted January 23, 2014 The clamp doesn't have a dd-1 built in, so it keeps measuring the signal even after it is well distorted. If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.
Keith77 Posted January 23, 2014 Report Posted January 23, 2014 If I understand right that test is ran up to 1% distortion so the clamp would see the same signal??? Correct me if im wrong, but that's the way I see this test going Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born. My penis is bigger than your penis I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.
CJ18 Posted January 23, 2014 Author Report Posted January 23, 2014 Ok I have re run this test a few more times. On paper, with the Dyno acting as a purely resistive load, the dyno and clamps should match up. To get this to happen, you have to have an OScope with a very high refresh rate that can keep up with the signal so you can video both meters and go abck and watch the sine wave and find its clipping point and take those numbers. BUT how many of you that clamp do it with a nice scope and go through all of this? Most people who clamp their amp do it using a basic multimeter. I know I was one of those people. A DMM has no way of seeing clipping, so you just end up taking the highest number even those those power numbers occured during a heavy heavy clip.
Afficionado Posted January 23, 2014 Report Posted January 23, 2014 I'd like to see a clamp now used on a sub that is supposed to be providing the same impedance using the exact same amp and power. If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.
CJ18 Posted January 23, 2014 Author Report Posted January 23, 2014 I'd like to see a clamp now used on a sub that is supposed to be providing the same impedance using the exact same amp and power. Wait til next week, I will use my truck to do it if berger gets off his ass and gets some work done
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.