Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Possibility of cancellation with sub arrangement?


DylanBunch

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I have a plan for a b pillar 4th order and Im wondering if there will be cancellation if the subs across from each other on baffles parallel to each other? Might be an obvious answer but i wanna be sure. Thanks guys

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Posted

LIke this?

___ ___

| | | |

the top being baffle and subs being the underpart inside the enclosure?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted

like if youre sitting in the car and you look through the port and see a sub on the left and a sub on the right and the baffles each sub is on is parallel to each other? Know what I mean?

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Posted

Yeah, that is fine. I forgot his name on here. But there was a guy with a 6th order with 4 z3 15's i believe, had it set up like that. Bitch wanged hard as fuck.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted

Yeah, that is fine. I forgot his name on here. But there was a guy with a 6th order with 4 z3 15's i believe, had it set up like that. Bitch wanged hard as fuck.

you thinking about "youee" I believe that is how his name was pronounced.

Posted

what is it about the v shape that makes it better?

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Posted

I could be wrong but i guess that it off sets enough so that the waves glance off each other instead of a head in impact if you get what i mean.

Think of it this way take 2 garden hoses with the water running out both. Now put the hoses where the water is hitting itself head on and see what happens with it. It should smash in the very center. Now angle it a bit and you should see the water coming together as 1 stream. In theory i see sound waves should act just about the same ^_^.

Also if what i said is wrong please correct me i need to learn.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Posted

Dylan you sat in my mountaineer right ?

here was my 3:1 setup. 4 old school RFR2215 on 3000rms and it does 50+ on music. did a 151.5 with ZZ top and 153+ in the kick

Final4thTransparentskech-1.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1727 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...